Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Call me Nego
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went outside today to go get in my car after leaving her parked in the residential parking lot at my college. We've been getting our fair share of lake effect snow here in Western New York and the parking lot is probably plowed about once on day on weekends.
So you have a parking lot full of snow with my 03 Accord in it, and you have a whole bunch of college kids who drive recklessly. My front bumper has a pretty good crack in it on the passenger's side. The crack looks like it goes from the fog light slot to the headlight slot. There is no other damage that I can see. Pictures have not been taken and a close examination hasn't been done either. I am too pissed to get anything done about it at the moment.
It might be hard to tell if it needs to be repaired or replaced without any pictures, but I want to save as much money as I can and come away with a decent looking bumper.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you decide to replace dont untill after spring hits. Nothing like replacing the bumper and having it hit again from someone sliding in the snow. Its your call but maybe find one the same color in the junk yard and save the paint cost?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would replace. My grandparents had their bumper repaired and it ended up recracking in the same place a 2 or 3 years later.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Replace: My buddy and I replaced his 2006 V6 front bumper cover (silver) in his driveway in 40 minutes. First time doing this. So easy. A screwdriver, 10mm wrench, and a pair of small pliers- that's it. As mentioned, look at bone yards and yes, even eBay.

That is why the proper term is "bumper cover"- not bumper....:) It was scary how easy it was. We budgeted 3 hours, lol. After 40 minutes, we went to a diner to eat. I think we spent more time trying to impress the waitress about what we did than the time we spent doing it.

BTW, a lot of these replacement parts are made in Mexico, China, Taiwan, Thailand, etc....don't worry that it is not "genuine Honda". Again, it is just a bumper cover- not a device that protects you in the event of a crash. My buddy got his for $180- painted!

·
EX V6 6spd
133 Posts
Post pics. If you can put everything back and it looks like nothing happened then you can repair it with the DIY kit from an auto parts store. If you have low deductible then replace it.

·
Legitimate hack
1,417 Posts
Drift stitch it and look like the cool kids. Drift pigs get all the chicks.

·
Call me Nego
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
What color is your car? I'm debating on taking my bumper cover off and welding up a front ARB type winch bumper with stinger and light tabs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What color is your car? I'm debating on taking my bumper cover off and welding up a front ARB type winch bumper with stinger and light tabs.
Never been a huge fan of stingers but something like this might be tasteful......

The full on stinger might be a little much....

Attachments

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Yeah. maybe the bottom one without the stinger. I want something that wraps around under the headlights to the fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts