Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Front Bumper cover for my Sedan. The EX-V6 version will work with the LV 4 cylinder right? I found a color matched one on craigslist, and the guy is asking for $100, but he says it needs some paint. Is $100 fair if paint is needed? (He is sending me a pic of it in the morning)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am looking for a Front Bumper cover for my Sedan. The EX-V6 version will work with the LV 4 cylinder right? I found a color matched one on craigslist, and the guy is asking for $100, but he says it needs some paint. Is $100 fair if paint is needed? (He is sending me a pic of it in the morning)
What year is it? Honda redesigned the front fascia in the later half of the model (the 1998-2000 is different from the 2001-02).

Either way, a brand new front fascia will cost between $300 and $200, unpainted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is it? Honda redesigned the front fascia in the later half of the model (the 1998-2000 is different from the 2001-02).

Either way, a brand new front fascia will cost between $300 and $200, unpainted.
His is 99. Mine is 98. So 100 is fair? The Junk uard by my house is 45, and some other bumpers, go for 50 to 60

·
Registered
87 Posts
His is 99. Mine is 98.
They will be the same then.

So 100 is fair? The Junk uard by my house is 45, and some other bumpers, go for 50 to 60
If it's in decent condition (if the paint is only a little messed up and you can hold off painting it), and better than the ones in you local salvage yard, yes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will be the same then.

If it's in decent condition (if the paint is only a little messed up and you can hold off painting it), and better than the ones in you local salvage yard, yes.
Oh my lord... he sent me the pics this morning...

Definitely not in a good condition. Might as well get an off colored one at the junk yard and re-spray it myself...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ewwwww.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly how I feel.... He said some paint... But this is me having to repaint the full thing. Might as well hit my local junk yard , get one for $40, no matter the color, and either repaint it or do black plasti dip over it.

Ooo, maybe gun metal gray with my Tan (heather mist) car

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
lol needs a little paint, i think the coupe bumpers look so nice on the sedans

4989523889_20a789cd92.jpg

but keep in mind if u go after a coupe bumper u will need a coupe hood to make body lines match.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol needs a little paint, i think the coupe bumpers look so nice on the sedans

but keep in mind if u go after a coupe bumper u will need a coupe hood to make body lines match.
That looks good :0

Shoot, plasti dip both the hood and the bumper gunmetal or black xD

He sent me pics of another one. It has barely any imperfections(scratches on both sides, looking as if whoever drove it wasn't paying attention to the clearance while turning) I have no idea why he didnt send me pics of the nice one first. But honestly, 100 seems high right now. Especially with it (the 6th gen) having stalling problems (ignition switch or immobilizer), and then it needing a security system if I want to do anything to it. And tint the windows. Bumper can wait I guess. Maybe if I wait, my local junkyard will have one in my color, meaning only $40 :)

but anyways, that coupe bumper and hood does look good on a sedan!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is the other bumper he sent pics of (After I told him the other one is in horrible condition)

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
i would bring him down to like 15$, sand it down and paint it, but thats me, i think u can find better in your salvage/junk yards

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
5,637 Posts
I wouldn't take either of those bumpers for what he's selling them for. I'd definitely check out the local junk yards and see what I could find there for cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts