Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT 8500 miles-- So as the cold weather is upon us, I noticed something weird. It seems, when my brakes are cold, that the front calipers stick when the car is stopped. It feels like a small "pop" when I release the brake from a stop. The car hesitates and then moves forward. After the brakes warm up, it stops. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
784 Posts
2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT 8500 miles-- So as the cold weather is upon us, I noticed something weird. It seems, when my brakes are cold, that the front calipers stick when the car is stopped. It feels like a small "pop" when I release the brake from a stop. The car hesitates and then moves forward. After the brakes warm up, it stops. Anyone else experience this?
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't think your calipers are stuck. I had this sensation so I looked at the brake pedal assembly. That sound is coming from the movement of the pedal assembly as it self aligns itself when it is slightly off centered. If you don't believe me, you can lift your car on a cold day and try to spin the front wheel (while it is in neutral) and see if your wheel spins. If you check your brake pads, I am sure they are in a super good condition. If not sure, take it in to the dealer for a check and leave your car overnight.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think your calipers are stuck. I had this sensation so I looked at the brake pedal assembly. That sound is coming from the movement of the pedal assembly as it self aligns itself when it is slightly off centered. If you don't believe me, you can lift your car on a cold day and try to spin the front wheel (while it is in neutral) and see if your wheel spins. If you check your brake pads, I am sure they are in a super good condition. If not sure, take it in to the dealer for a check and leave your car overnight.
I don't actually hear a noise, just a "pop" feeling when I let off the brake from a stop. I was just curious if others have experienced it.

·
Banned
784 Posts
I don't actually hear a noise, just a "pop" feeling when I let off the brake from a stop. I was just curious if others have experienced it.
That is also what I felt as well. It happens cold or warm but very infrequent. If you look under the dash where your brake pedal, you will know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is also what I felt as well. It happens cold or warm but very infrequent. If you look under the dash where your brake pedal, you will know what I am talking about.
I'll take your word for it. I wasn't super concerned, just thought it was odd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts