Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if all trims have that but the lane departure warnings and the forward collision warnings comes from a reading done by a camera sets behind the windshield mirror.

Any of you know if it is possible to have the actual display of that cam on the center console screen? I've looked into all developpers menus and only seen some calibration things that don't show anything. (my car is the touring V6 access developer menu by holding MENU + BACK + NAV, then hold MENU to go from debug to developer)

On the same note, would any of you know if there is an optional third party firmware for that car, open source preferably? I would totally recode some features and improve on that stupid UI. The reparsing of all damn folders on USB flash drive everytime you want to look for a different folder is damn slow and stupid imo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Curious. Why would you need the front camera to display the same view you are looking at? If it would record that would be something special.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a fan of TV, I want to drive looking at the screen :naughty:

Nah really I would like it for tight front parking... its there why the hell could we not use it... well maybe for the 1st reason I gave you.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
What would you see in the camera that you can't see out the windshield? If you had an infrared camera then you could see street lights and other cars because an IR camera can see heat through fog and rain. It would be great if the IR image was projected onto the windshield like a heads up display.

When you back up you are going very slowly, especially in tight places and the camera helps you to determine your distance from an obstacle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I mean the main reason would be not hitting the parking stop, if the stop is too high or if the car is lowered. (I would assume)

·
Registered
104 Posts
its up on your top windshield. If it was in your front bumper, then maybe would be more useful in parking

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean the main reason would be not hitting the parking stop, if the stop is too high or if the car is lowered. (I would assume)
that, I have the front lip on the car and most parking stops are too high. I'm not saying it is the best idea in the world just would be curious to see what it sees.

But again it is more for the 'its there' let me use it

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mount some back-up sensors on your front bumper.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts