Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· khol
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 SE. I have noticed that when I press the button for the front defogger that it turns in the A/C without the A/C light coming on. I was wondering if I could turn off the A/C while the defogger is running.

· khol
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree with everything you've stated.

The reason the AC kicks on when the windshield vents are chosen is because of idiots that refuse to learn how to operate their HVAC system. When their windshield fogs up, they push the windshield shaped button. If the AC didn't also automatically come on at the same time, they would die of a wreck before they figured out why the AC compressor needs to be on to dry the air and remove the fog from the inside of the windshield.

Basically, it is a safety feature to protect functioning illiterates that somehow got a drivers license.
You just described my sister..... She doesn't even think her '09 Versa has a rear defroster...

Honda should know that idiots buy Camrys not Accords.

I followed the istructions that you gave and they worked great! Took less than a minute. Now when I turn on the defogger the AC will still come on but now I can shut it off. Thank you so much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.