Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dats da way to do...
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY parents car is a i4 LX sedan and every time i just start up the car the beginning of the day, everything seems okay. But once i start going forward a little and then head on to the first slow down/stop in my neighborhood, i hear a clicking/clunking noise coming form the front driver side wheel area when i press on the brakes. The noise sound like as if the CV boot/joint axle is bad. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and is it something i should take into the dealers to have them check out or is it normal.

·
Registered
135 Posts
By your explanation basically you answer your own question. CV axle when they go bad you can hear them clicking. if your not sure take it to a local mechanic is cheaper than going to the stealership.

Also what comes to my mind is that the sway bar end links can also cause clicking noise, or some type of noise check those and the bushings too.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Changing an axle is relatively easy if you have the right tools.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Is this problem on your parents car a 2013+ car? Or are you just posting in the 9th generation forum by mistake. I'd be surprised that the CV joint is bad in a 1 year old car but if it is, gives me pause as a potential buyer of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an lx i4 too and I had it for two week. I notice everytime I go over a bump or dip I hear a knock coming from the front right wheel. At first I thought some plastic was rubbing against the car because its so new but now its starting to annoyed me. The car doesnt pull to the right or anything. It drive perfectly fine. Thats why I haven't taken it to the dealers yet. Im planning to take it in this friday to have them take a look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
251 Posts
I have an lx i4 too and I had it for two week. I notice everytime I go over a bump or dip I hear a knock coming from the front right wheel. At first I thought some plastic was rubbing against the car because its so new but now its starting to annoyed me. The car doesnt pull to the right or anything. It drive perfectly fine. Thats why I haven't taken it to the dealers yet. Im planning to take it in this friday to have them take a look.

SAME exact thing happening to me. Please let me know what they find

·
Dats da way to do...
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes its a 2013 LX Honda Accord sedan!

well the clicking/clunking isnt too excessive, so i dont think it could be the cv axle. I tihnk it might be a bushing or so liek in this video

·
Banned
308 Posts
Still, would be weird for the bushings to wear out after 12k miles.

Please keep reporting on this and let us know what the dealers say when you bring it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got back from dealer just now. I show the tech and he heard it. He told me it might be the struts. So eight hour later I get call to come to pick up my car and the tech explain to me that he can't find anything wrong. He told me he took the whole day trying to figure it out but everything seem fine and there was no cracks or broken parts. So he said since the car is so new drive it a little longer like five thousand miles and bring it back and maybe it will show sign of defects. As of now he told me theres nothing he can do. So I just left.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Got back from dealer just now. I show the tech and he heard it. He told me it might be the struts. So eight hour later I get call to come to pick up my car and the tech explain to me that he can't find anything wrong. He told me he took the whole day trying to figure it out but everything seem fine and there was no cracks or broken parts. So he said since the car is so new drive it a little longer like five thousand miles and bring it back and maybe it will show sign of defects. As of now he told me theres nothing he can do. So I just left.

I recall reading somewhere (for a different car) that if the strut is not tightened correctly at the top screw/bolt (or maybe it was over-tightened?) that the strut can clunk. Any mechanics comment on this?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Something not mentioned, If it's the CV joint it will only make the noise while turning. That's been my experience with older Honda cars, probably still the same. Also if you take corners fast a lot, your CV joints will go bad every few years. Since I started taking corners a bit slower (because I was going through CV joints every 40 to 50,000 miles or so) over 10 years ago I've never had CV joints go bad again. It's all how fast you take corners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Something not mentioned, If it's the CV joint it will only make the noise while turning. That's been my experience with older Honda cars, probably still the same. Also if you take corners fast a lot, your CV joints will go bad every few years. Since I started taking corners a bit slower (because I was going through CV joints every 40 to 50,000 miles or so) over 10 years ago I've never had CV joints go bad again. It's all how fast you take corners.
Ohhh I did not know that. I do take corners pretty hard but the car only have 1200 miles

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it does it when you're NOT turning I would think it's something else. If ONLY while turning then CV joints would be suspect.
I did first notice it when I was making a left turn. Sorry for the bad English. Its not my first language. I will see how it turn out after a few thousand miles since the car is under warranty i am not too worry abt something breaking. Thank you for the insights and i will mention the cv joint to the tech next time I bring it in

1 - 15 of 15 Posts