Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just bought my accord last week and already someone slammed into me. I didn't see who did it since the car was parked but I know it wasn't me as when I left the car it was perfectly fine.

The damage is only to the front left fender and neither the front bumper nor the door have been damaged. Whoever did it must have backed up into me and or something - I don't know.

:((

Anyone know how much it would cost to get fixed? I am in Calgary, Canada.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Down here in the states, it was around $700 to $750 - at least where I was (had to get mine replaced) - with most of the labor coming from the painting and blending it in with the door.

Did they hit your wheel? Any steering or alignment issues now?

What color is the car? Is it gray and the photo making it look more brownish or what? Just curious as it looks nice.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Did you report it to police? If not, you should so that you have the option to go through insurance without fault being blamed on you. You then can decide if you want to repair it yourself or pay your deductable and go through insurance.

Get an estimate done at a local body shop if your deductible is $1000 and the repair is $800 it would only make sense to pay out of pocket.

You will need a new fender and they will have to blend the hood and driver door to match. A good shop would also blend the bumper... otherwise any adjacent panels will look off in colour.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted it on twitter and tagged the local police here. I also have a friend who was with me. She didn't see it happen but can account that it wasn't there when we left the car and was when we got back.

Why would they need to bend the hood, door and front bumper when there was no damage to any of those parts? :S

Hey mate,

This is the amber metallic colour. I will be going to the local shop in a bit to get that estimate. Ill let you guys know what they say.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I posted it on twitter and tagged the local police here. I also have a friend who was with me. She didn't see it happen but can account that it wasn't there when we left the car and was when we got back.

Why would they need to bend the hood, door and front bumper when there was no damage to any of those parts? :S
Blend not bend... they would need to paint match otherwise brand new brown will look different and noticeable against UV weather'd brown.

How to Blend automotive paint to match an existing color « Car Mods

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts

That's not how to file a police report. You need to report it to the place it was parked or the police so that it will go through comprehensive on your insurance.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
That's not how to file a police report. You need to report it to the place it was parked or the police so that it will go through comprehensive on your insurance.
I forgot to comment on that too.

The City of Calgary - Collisions

When should I report a traffic collision?

A collision must be reported to police when there are any injuries, damage exceeds $2,000 or you are the victim of a hit and run.

How do I report a traffic collision?

There are two ways to report a collision:

If there are injuries or one or more of the vehicles is un-drivable call 403-266-1234 or 9-1-1.
If there are no injuries and the vehicles are drivable, the collision can be reported at any district office.

To complete a collision report at a district office, attend your local office with the vehicle involved and the person who was driving.

The following documents are required:

Operator’s License for the person who was driving;
certificate of registration for the motor vehicle involved (registration form); and,
proof of financial responsibility for the vehicle involved (proof of insurance).

You should also bring all the information of the other vehicle involved in the collision. Collision reports can not be reported online.

I should mention I was in the same boat as you but with worse damage. I parked in a parking lot and went skiing for the day, I came back and my rear quarter panel was smashed in. I called the local Ontario Provincial Police as there are no reporting centres up north.

I then reported it to my insurance and paid the $500 deductible, the actual repair was $2200. My premium did not go up as I reported the incident to police.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay. I will go into the local office later in a bit to report it.
I already filed a claim with my insurance as a local autobody quoted me $1800 for the repair.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post an update. I went to the calgary police office and filed a hit and run report. They gave me a sticker and gave me some paperwork that I am supposed to give my insurance. I have also filed a claim with my insurance which is wawanesa insurance.

I am now waiting on the insurance people to get back to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts