Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chicago Honda
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I cracked the chrome trim piece on the front grill when i pulled itno my garage too far and hit a poorly placed object, so I was able to order a replacement chrome trim piece for $90 online.Now I have to install it...there are little screws that screw into it from behind, but it looks like those are only accessible by removing the whole grill itself.

The grill looks to be held on by some "clips" that have an inner circle/outer circle. Can i remove these without breaking them? do i have to have a special tool? how do i remove those?

the clips i am talking about removing are #17 in the picture, the chrome trim is # 4..i dont know how all involved this is going to get just to get access to these stupid screws. the screws screw into the back of the chrome trim piece via predrilled holes in a standoff on the chrome piece.

any help or suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just a guess, but was the poorly placed object the car? :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
ask, and you shall receive

best way to remove the bumper clips, is with this plier

as far as your trim piece, gonna have to remove the bumper, this video is exactly what you will need

Bumper removal

·
Registered
39 Posts
The plier above is the best way to remove the style of clips we have on our cars. The clips are a tad bit different (and cheaper quality) than what Honda used in the past. The bumper cover will need to be removed.

I have a brand new grille I would have sold you cheap. Oh well. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts