Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this today. The front grill, has parts of the design that is not cut out. Does anyone else have this?

This is on the passenger side. 2014 Accord Sedan

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've noticed it too. Not sure what the purpose is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not on both sides? That's too close to the bumper for the FCW sensor right? That's more towards center of bumper and license plate I think.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
It also has it in the center of the grill behind the "H". You can see it in the thread I did on photo shop help. The white paint I had put on the grill shows it clearly. I never noticed it when the grill was flat black.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not on both sides? That's too close to the bumper for the FCW sensor right? That's more towards center of bumper and license plate I think.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Nope, only on the passenger side, not on the drivers side. I dont have the FCW, so dont think so.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tihnk its for the touring model
for what though? makes no sense to leave a couple holes covered, while the rest is all open

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think that's where the ACC camera/sensor would be on models equipped with that function. FCW camera is on the backside of the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm pretty sure that this cutout is for the adaptive cruise control. The touring is the only model that has this piece cut out from what I've seen and it's the only model with adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just noticed this today. The front grill, has parts of the design that is not cut out. Does anyone else have this?

This is on the passenger side. 2014 Accord Sedan
They are all like this to add rigidity to the ends of the grill so it doesn't flop around. Without that I imagine it would be very fragile and break quite easily during going through an automatic car wash and such.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wow, you just noticed that? I noticed that the second I walked into the showroom. This exists on all models.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The acc is there for the tourings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts