Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Hope everyone had a Happy New Years! 2011 Baby!! :banana:
Anyways, lately I've been noticing things about my car that I haven't before. Due partially to the cold weather and the fact that I can't be outside washing it 24/7. Anyways, this time I noticed something that's been bugging me lately. The front end of my car Accord is.... kinda lame. The open grille between the two fog lights is really really kinda.. ugly. I don't know what to do about it. I've looked at Grillcraft, and I really like their black bottom grille, and I'm honestly probably gonna buy it. But the top grille is one piece.. and I don't wanna remove the Chrome(plastic) grille on my car now. In other words.. would the top grille fit into the two divided spots?!

Does anyone have pictures of Grillcraft grilles installed on a 7th sedan?!

And does anyone else have any other recommendations?!

I know others have noticed this before also..

Thanks for the advice!

Chipperf!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Give me your 07 front bumper... trust me it'll look much better :D

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
yellow out them fogs itll be tight.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the installation of the lower grille require you remove the bumper?!
Also.. on a scale of 1-10, how difficult is it to install the lower grille?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude.. the black grille does look awesome!!!
Do you think it'd be worth trying to paint my Chrome grille black??
I think that'd look pretty good if I had that painted black and installed the lower Grillcraft grille?!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, hold on.. and is it cool if I just post it on here?

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
IMO a black grill won't look too good with that color, color match it to your paint but then it can get a bit pricey.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea IDK man... what is your opinion!?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
I don't like the aftermarket upper grills, or the price, or the flimsy material. This takes a little work, but it's cheaper, looks stock (almost), and my condenser is safe from flying rocks.

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
I don't like the aftermarket upper grills, or the price, or the flimsy material. This takes a little work, but it's cheaper, looks stock (almost), and my condenser is safe from flying rocks.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e285/EXV6NIGHTHAWK/Heaterplate001-1.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

I agree that the Grillcraft grill is pricey, but flimsy? You've obviously never held one in your hands before. They are rock solid.

Unless you're talking about aftermarket grills in general, if so....carry on.

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
IMO a black grill won't look too good with that color, color match it to your paint but then it can get a bit pricey.
Yea IDK man... what is your opinion!?
I think black looks great with that blue. You should think about blacking out your headlights, that would really look nice with the black grill. :thmsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So you wouldn't recommend Grillcraft?!

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Not sure how you deduced that from my post, but yes I would recommend Grillcraft. Mine is over 3 years old and still looks brand new.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts