Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Variable Cylinder Mgmt
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to live in a state that requires the license plate to be displayed on the front. Totally sux and ruins the look of the front end :furious:

Been searching for a solution and have seen this:

http://www.strutking.com/products/Universal-License-Plate-Relocator-.html

Also saw a thread that had a retractable plate on a motor that sucked the plate under the car...too complicated tho and I'd imagine the motor wearing out too easily.

I know there is only so much space on the bumper...but I'm hopeful.

Let's see some creative and sexy solutions!

·
Variable Cylinder Mgmt
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Variable Cylinder Mgmt
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
WhenLifeSpeedsByDownshift
42 Posts
i bent mine and zip tied it into the lower bumper..however it is illegal i believe
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I've seen people cut or bend the license plate to reduce vertical height so that it fits entirely into the lower intake
Sounds interesting...any pix of this to share?
I've done exactly that after getting by for almost two years without the front plate, then got pulled over twice in 6 months for that, fortunatey I was let off both times, but I decided I really don't need the hassle of getting pulled over JUST for no front plate.

So I bent the lower part of the plate 90 degrees towards the back just below the embossed plate numbers and used white cable-tie to secure the plate to the vertical segments of the grill, the plate fits pretty snug so it does not move at all. The cable-tie are normally just about invisible as compared to the attached picture, it was a quick shot in the garage. I shot this image from a very low angle, normally the front bumper overhang actually hides more of the top of the plate, making the plate look a bit more low-profile.

I also applied the 3M Clear Bra material to the plate so that road debries won't sand-blast the plate finish over time.

Before anyone asks, I have had no overheating problem all through last summber, my temperature gauge never went beyond mid mark.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive exterior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts