Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife complains that the front passenger seat sits to low. Is there any way to raise the height besides adding a pillow?

Vehicle is a 2013 Accord EX-L, Thanks.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
I havent really taken a close look, but I remember my grandfather putting spacers and longer bolts on the front mounting points for the driver seat. This way as you slide the seat forward it also goes up more as well.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I've seen this complaint before. I think II Kings 9:20 mentioned there is something they're trying to make for the front passenger seat height.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obsidian EX-L, I found the post you mentioned and the 7 pages of discussion. Lots of ideas, maybe a solution coming.

Post was under: Uncomfortable passenger seat: wrong angle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's pretty bad that there is not even a manual height adjustment on the passenger seat.

'Relax the Back' stores have some cushions that might help a little.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Here is an exhaustive thread on the topic. I have done nothing yet but will need to as wifey refuses to go on a trip in the Accord.
Extendmyseat is NOT working on anything. I spoke with the owner on several occasions and his solution was to buy extended brackets which solves nothing.

Thread Here

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT MSM
98 Posts
Here is an exhaustive thread on the topic. I have done nothing yet but will need to as wifey refuses to go on a trip in the Accord.
Extendmyseat is NOT working on anything. I spoke with the owner on several occasions and his solution was to buy extended brackets which solves nothing.

Thread Here
Just curious, Kings, how tall is your wife? We took a roadtrip over the weekend (to the Oregon coast), doing multiple three hour stints. I just asked and my wife and she thought her seat was fine. She is 5'6" with a largeish bottom. :( I, however, have a 34 inch inseam and wished my seat bottom was longer, or at least was tilted higher in the front.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Just curious, Kings, how tall is your wife? We took a roadtrip over the weekend (to the Oregon coast), doing multiple three hour stints. I just asked and my wife and she thought her seat was fine. She is 5'6" with a largeish bottom. :( I, however, have a 34 inch inseam and wished my seat bottom was longer, or at least was tilted higher in the front.
Wifey is 5'6 and I am 5'11 and we both hate the passenger seat. I rode shotgun part of the way to Niagara Falls about a year ago when I first got it and it was awful. Low, flat, and the front edge is tipped down too low. It does not help that like most seats, it suffers from short bottom syndrome without under thigh extenders like Avalon, BMW, MB, Caddy etc. Those cars are in a higher class so I'd just be happy if I could raise the dam thing off the floor and tip the front edge up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts