Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
co-founder of FFC and CAM
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would post my results of installing my V6 sway bar on my 4cyl Accord today. Below are the steps I used:

1. Remove the wheels
2. Disconnect the end links
3. Support the engine under the oil pan
4. Loosen the front, middle and rear sway frame bolts (Don't remove them, there are 8 in total)
5. Use a 14mm 1/4 shallow socket with a wobble extension to remove the back bolts (I didn't remove them, I left it installed with a few threads)
6. Remove the front bolt completely
7. Lift the D ring and slide the bushing towards the outside of the car
8. Remove the sway bar through the passenger side
9. Installing the new bar, start from the passenger side under the car, between the frame and the exhaust
10. Slide the sway bar over the exhaust through the opening on the driver side, it should be pushed over far enough to lift up the remaining part of the bar through the passenger,then center into place.
11. Install the new bushings and slide under the D rings
12. Tighten down the D rings and then the end links

It helps to have 2 people.....I did mine on a lift which made it a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I figured I would post my results of installing my V6 sway bar on my 4cyl Accord today. Below are the steps I used:

1. Remove the wheels
2. Disconnect the end links
3. Support the engine under the oil pan
4. Loosen the front, middle and rear sway frame bolts (Don't remove them, there are 8 in total)
5. Use a 14mm 1/4 shallow socket with a wobble extension to remove the back bolts (I didn't remove them, I left it installed with a few threads)
6. Remove the front bolt completely
7. Lift the D ring and slide the bushing towards the outside of the car
8. Remove the sway bar through the passenger side
9. Installing the new bar, start from the passenger side under the car, between the frame and the exhaust
10. Slide the sway bar over the exhaust through the opening on the driver side, it should be pushed over far enough to lift up the remaining part of the bar through the passenger,then center into place.
11. Install the new bushings and slide under the D rings
12. Tighten down the D rings and then the end links

It helps to have 2 people.....I did mine on a lift which made it a lot easier.

Hope this helps.
Good steps. I did pretty much exact same procedure when I replaced i4 front bar for a V6 front bar 2 years ago.

·
co-founder of FFC and CAM
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because my progress rear sway bar will be installed this coming weekend, once I get it back from powder coat......yo, LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts