Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold - Beltronics RX65 red radar detector

the unit has minor scraping

the retaining tab on the RJ11 style power plug is also broken off, but it still fits, stays and works (a new power adapter can be bought as low as $15)

unit 100% functional, I upgraded to an STI which is a nearly $500 unit

all original accessories/packaging included

same as here;

https://www.beltronics.com/store/rx-65-red.html

sold

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pricecut

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STI cooler looking lol, it has a matte black magnesium body as opposed to gray plastic.

The STI sensitivity is better, but to the point where detection is several thousands of feet away.

the RX65 detection is still quite good, i would have kept using it, but i had extra money for new toys.
IMO the additional range of the STI is only really useful if you are consistently flying down freeways at well over 100+.
For casual speeding the RX65 was plenty and be mindful the STI costs almost twice as much new.

it does have a weak spot, laser detection from the rear, but this is true of all dash mounted detectors. Line of sight is simply narrow from the rear.

I've used many radar detectors and IMO anything less than $200 new is not useful and the less it costs the less useful it is..

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I own the RX65 and have for nearly 3 years now. I can contest, this is a great detector...for a good price! Saved me dozens of time and is excellent w/ K and Ka... as outer said, the Laser detection is a bit lack luster...but fortunately, Indiana is too poor and hardly has any Laser equipped squad cars. It's set off most often my Infiniti, Cadillac, etc proximity detection systems.

Did you register it with Beltronics?

Love the STI, great stealth abilities for those in states needing such. I had a V-1 for yrs and enjoyed it, but then sold it and went w/o a detector for a few yrs after college. Picked up the RX65 and was very happy aside from no arrow notification of where radar was coming off of. I find the RX65 actually has better range than my V-1 for K and Ka (but I did have one of the earlier V-1's that just had gotten Pop implementation--so by no means was it cutting edge)

GLWS

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for looking, it's not registered, but i don't think there is any warranty left, i've had it 3 years.

bump...and price cut

·
port & polish everything
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump and pricecut

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
How low can you go? :lmao:

·
port & polish everything