Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Ben C.
Feedback: bencrawford01 (eBay), DA.net, V6P.net, EliteCM.net, HIDP.com - 100% Positive
Item for Sale: OEM 2007 EX-L V6 Coupe 6-Disc AM/FM/XM Radio 7BY2 w/ Dual-Zone Climate Control and RADIO CODE
Asking Price: $300 + S/H or Local Pick-Up
Payment Type: Cash (local) OR PayPal (buyer responsible for any & all fees)
Warranty: N/A. Item is being sold AS-IS. There will be no refunds, guarantees or returns accepted.
Description:

Up for sale is my OEM radio (Model: 7BY2) that only came on the EX-L V6 Coupes. It is the best, non-navi unit that Honda made for our 7G Accords. It is nearly in PERFECT condition, as I had pulled it at < 25k miles to install an OEM Navigation.

This particular radio MSRP's ~$1,200 (check Bernardi, Majestic, etc.) and is currently selling on eBay for $350-500 + S/H. However, with those sellers, you have no idea where the radio came from, how many miles are on it, what kind of actual shape it is in, etc.

You all know me, and know how particular I am about my things. Everything works flawlessly including the 6-Disc Changer, Block Screen, Climate Controls, etc. and this radio is honestly in brand-new condition.

Now, here's one option that I'll give y'all that none of these other sellers can! You get to choose the illumination you prefer / fits your car! That's right - whereas this model is strictly a coupe model that comes with standard orange illumination, I currently have the radio converted to the whitish-green Sedan version. I did this because my first Navi unit was out of a Sedan, so I had to use the orange bulb caps from this unit to convert the Navi over to match the rest of my coupe.

Well, I now have an official OEM coupe Navi unit, so I can make this radio either orange OR whitish-green. My personal labor of taking the radios completely back apart to swap whichever color you need, is FREE. I'm willing to do that since we're all apart of the same community :)

PICS:

Radio currently converted with the Sedan's blue caps:

Radio with original Coupe orange caps:

Daylight photo:

Night photo:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt!

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opening this up to the forum as an "offers accepted" sale before I post it on other sites (eBay, Craigslist, etc.)

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This question was asked over on V6P and wanted to also share it here:

Question: My car currently has Single-Zone Climate Control...Could this Dual-Zone headunit work for me?

Unfortunately, not. This headunit can replace the OEM headunit in any '03-07 Accord Coupe or Sedan, i4 or V6, as long as it came equipped with Dual-Zone Climate Control from the factory! Although Martin (acurahondaexpert on eBay) was able to come up with a custom harness for Single-Zone buyers to upgrade and use the Dual-Zone Navigation unit, he does not make a custom harness for a Single-Zone to Dual-Zone Non-Navi unit.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After much consideration, I've decided that I will eat the S/H charges. If anyone is in need of a new radio (burnt out block, jammed CD changer, etc.) or just wanting to upgrade now's the perfect opportunity!

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PRICE DROP: $250 Shipped (Lower 48)

I have some big plans for after this snow goes away - you can help contribute by upgrading your radio! lol :)

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump for tax return season ;)

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Ben, for the benefit of potential buyers (myself in that category), what makes this particular model the best non navi unit? For me personally, how is it better than my stock 4 door EX-L non navi head unit? I think these answers will help garner interest.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just meant the best non-navi in terms of it having every option that was available/offered whereas lower trims didn't all come with XM, AUX, etc. - to the best of my knowledge, it would be comparable to other EX-L units and probably no difference from your '06. IMO, the buttons/design look better than the radios from '03-05 but that's just my orientation to detail lol

It also may be more reliable than previous years' as it was the last year of production and by then they may have fixed a lot of the bugs/quirks w/ the block, CD changer sticking, etc. (but this is just my guess (sort of like an '03 AT vs. an '07 AT) and I have no proof of that). The radio was only installed for 25k miles so it's basically brand new :thmsup:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TGIF bump.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I decided that I'm going to keep the radio as a backup. No longer for sale. Mods please lock and/or delete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.