Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Vendor
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1157 Dual-Color 60-1210 SMD

1157 Dual-Color 60-1210 SMD is a direct replacement for any 1157-size front turn signal bulb. This is a unique, specialty item. When on as normal, with parking lights, it shines a nice, pure white color, and when you activate the turn signals, it flashes an amber color. Two colors, for an awesome lighting effect!

THIS HAS BEEN TESTED TO FIT PERFECTLY IN THE ACCORD. You might have heard of the many issues in getting these bulbs from us in the past. Finally, after 16 months and 14 prototypes, we have a large stock of the perfectly-engineered bulbs. No modules, totally plug and play. Check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o55TJFLVxz8

This bulb has 60 1210-size SMDs. It uses an 1157-size metal terminal and will fit as a replacement for stock halogen. It uses less power and heat than halogen bulbs, and will last longer, with its engineered heat-sinking technology. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LED from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12v operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Resistor Option: Some vehicles may have fast-blinking issues when LED bulbs are installed as turn signal replacements. We offer resistors to remedy this issue for a nominal charge. *THESE MUST BE INSTALLED ON THE ACCORD, THE FAST BLINK IS SUPER FAST!*

Check our prices! We carry the brightest bulbs at the lowest prices. It's easy to compare for yourself- just go to eBay or any other seller, we guarantee our prices will be lowest for the same products. How? We have a great relationship with our supplier and order in huge bulk. AND we do not jack up the prices to astronomical levels. We're breaking that market trend, and offering you insanely low prices every day. That doesn't mean these are low quality, though! These LED bulbs are made just for us by a company that has been in business since 1992, and every bulb carries with it a one-year full warranty.

CLICK TO SEE MORE PICTURES AND TO ORDER

CLICK TO SEE MORE PICTURES AND TO ORDER

As a thank-you for your wait, we are happy to offer these for the low price of $40/pair for the first month. If you have ordered these in the past, please email [email protected]

Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just ordered these today!

I am excited for the install! Price is a great deal if you ask me!

Thanks Paul!

I will post a thread after I get them and do the install!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I would be all over this if I didn't have amber reflectors! haha. Great product as always. DD is awesome.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
looking forward to installing these (with Trip's method of installing resistors in the trunk since rear and front turns are on the same circuit ... will post before & after pics)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just ordered a pair!

·
Coche!
24 Posts
is installing the resistors hard? can anyone give me a guide? :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
is installing the resistors hard? can anyone give me a guide? :)
It's very easy... I installed mine in the trunk (via the rear lamp wires...they are on the same circuit...took 5 min's, each side...I'd never done it before)

But imagine the circuit, lines shown above extend to the rear tail lamps...

This is the post by Taffy I went off and it worked perfectly and much easier to install back there, plenty of room to mount...wire stripper/crimper

Tap the resistor into the back tail lght's turn signal. Its easier then messing around in the crowded area up front.
In the rear the Drivers side is blue positive and black ground.
Passengers side green is positive and black ground.

I've had mine like this for a month now with no issues.

One thing though, I ended up using my own line taps as I had heavier duty one's than the ones shipped...the supplied one's prob would have worked just fine.

Feel free to PM

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I don't see what the difference is.

It's only a turn signal.

:dunno:
Turn on your parking lights or all of your lights (position I or II) ...

Go to front of car. Look at inner most part of your headlights. See the gross amber color that looks out of place aka Required by our silly DOT regulations?

Basically, these 'switchback' lights give a nice white led output when the parking lamps are 'ON' which is position I ..they also are on while your normal lights are on at night -- which will match up to 5k or 6k HID's quite nicely. When the turn signal is activated, the LED bulb 'switches' to amber and blinks correctly (keeping it quasi-legal and not blinking in a bright LED white that'll tip a cop off while facing one at a stop light or something.

On sedans, the inner most parking/turn lamp actually has a amber housing. The coupe is fortunate and has a clear housing, but a amber 1154 bulb is in there stock...that's where this 'switchback' option goes.

Thats AWESOME! But I fear that if you don't have HID's, you'll look weird. But, EXCELLENT concept, and LEGAL.
^^
Agree.

I took a few new pictures before the sun went down tonight. Decided to make a little collage of everything.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27508

The eye sore then becomes the side marker/reflectors in our headlamps (which some put a smoked tint material over to mask) ...but L's is working on those clear & smoked options for those reflectors. Looking forward to seeing the end result with those in place...eliminating all Amber with lights off, from the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I still do't see the big deal, but then I am never looking at my car coming toward me, as I am in the drivers seat.

:dunno:
I guess coming over from (and still part of in a way) the euro scene...the aesthetics and getting the US-code 'Amber' the F out of the front headlights is a bigger thing.

Personally, amber to me, is like a red cape to a bull -- it simply detracts from a clean looking front end...and is an eye sore.

All my opinion -- but, others seem to share it too.

Since putting my switchbacks in, i've had a sedan and coupe owner follow me to a CVS and to a gas station to ask about 'how'd you do that?!?' ... so other accord owners must be aware somewhat. Now, why can't a hot accord coupe owner...i see them around...notice and follow me, lol.

To each, their own.. I like the mod, it does exactly what I was looking for and dealing with Diode Dynamics & Paul was smooth as butter. :thmsup:

·
Vendor
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the reply, krazy!

I guess you'd have to ask yourself why you'd do any mod to the exterior.

This one gives you an awesome look at night, and as krazy said, I probably get the most attention from these bulbs, even with all I have done to my own car. They give the car a really nice look at night.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts