Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per this thread, http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139306 it seems as though we ought to have a step-by-step guide to using the fuel filler cap holder. I did a quick search and found that we do not yet have a thread about this topic. It's very important that we all know how to fill up the tank without risking gasoline drips onto our new paint.

Here you can see the Fuel Filler Cap Cover.

In order to make use of the Fuel Filler Cap Holder (FFCH) during fueling we will have to first open the cover. The latching mechanism can be activated by pressing down on the lever located on the left side of the driver's footwell.

The cover should pop right open.

Open the cover all the way and remove the Fuel Filler Cap by twisting counter-clockwise. Note: when driving your Accord in the Southern Hemisphere, this is reversed. Previous generations of Hondas have not typically had this compatibility.

Let's examine the cap in a little more detail. Take note of the ring that goes all the way around the white part of the cap. This will eventually fit into the FFCH.

Now, slide the fuel cap into the FFCH using the groove to slot it in place.

Too bad it's Monday. :D

I sincerely hope that this guide will help answer some questions.

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
Epic.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Thank you so much for the tutorial. I was in Santiago Chile in July and I can confirm that the sink drain in the bathroom, when opened slowly, allows the water to go down the drain with a clockwise spiral vs. a counter clockwise spiral in the Northern Hemisphere. Coriolis force is with us in each hemisphere. I didn't rent a car so i couldn't check out the direction of the threads on a gas cap in Chile. :nuts:

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Torque specs for securing cap after a fill up? Anyone know?

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Kevin
11 Posts
Did you remember to get the Sunday Paper from the Kiosk

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Priceless.

I need to make a Canadian version. Basically an extra step when the door freezes shut with ice.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
It's in the owners manual n00b!
I should have looked there first. I think I over tightened the fuel cap because just when it seemed to be tight, I turned a little more and heard a click. Now it just keeps clicking as I turn it- it never gets tighter. The threads are probably stripped.:paranoid:

My dad is a plumber, he has an awesome set of tools. He can fix it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I should have looked there first. I think I over tightened the fuel cap because just when it seemed to be tight, I turned a little more and heard a click. Now it just keeps clicking as I turn it- it never gets tighter. The threads are probably stripped.:paranoid:
How many clicks is required when replacing the cap to prevent the Check Engine light from illuminating? I personally listen for about a half a dozen. That seems to be enough. :thumbsup:

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
Can you do one of these on "How to Open the Trunk"? :dunno:

·
Registered
104 Posts
This looks like its for the sedan model.
Do you have instructions for the Coupe?
Are they the same methods?

This thread wins!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Its sad that we need this kind of instruction in this world...

Jay

·
:)
101 Posts
LOL happy monday :)

·
Crosseyed and Gearless
298 Posts
Kind of seems incomplete, the last picture was the fuel door open and a hose sticking in it... what's next? Do I just drive off? Did you pay? Or is there more? I just feel kind of like you're not telling us everything we need to know.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
There should be a tutorial on how to start the car and how to put air into the tires

·
Registered
296 Posts
How do I shut the door properly??? I left my hand on the cap and tried shutting the door, but it didn't work. Also, will this work for manual transmission models as well???? Please hurry, my hand is getting tired.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
How do I shut the door properly??? I left my hand on the cap and tried shutting the door, but it didn't work. Also, will this work for manual transmission models as well???? Please hurry, my hand is getting tired.
Just start at the last pic and look going forward.:lmao:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts