Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has become somewhat of an annoyance: it's getting more and more difficult to release the fuel filler flap. I have to press the lever down with force multiple times now..

I'm wondering if this can get any worse and what can be done about it - other than taking it to the shop?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The release cable likely has stretched or gotten bound. Easy fix that should be covered if you're still under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My flap flops

Bought this 2011 sedan used with 20k on it. Very nice ride.
whenyou pop the fuel flap from inside the cabin, it opens just fine; however it just flops in the breeze rather than open and stay that way with a bit of resistance.
I can get a replacement flap under warranty but the paint shop says it's going to stick out as a color match is more than tough for a small door surrounded by the full quarter panel.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Bought this 2011 sedan used with 20k on it. Very nice ride.
whenyou pop the fuel flap from inside the cabin, it opens just fine; however it just flops in the breeze rather than open and stay that way with a bit of resistance.
I can get a replacement flap under warranty but the paint shop says it's going to stick out as a color match is more than tough for a small door surrounded by the full quarter panel.

Any recommendations?
seriously? fill up and close it.. or replace it. a good body shop can match color easily.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The release cable likely has stretched or gotten bound. Easy fix that should be covered if you're still under warranty.
Unfortunately, the warranty just ended - however I took it to the shop - and they couldn't reproduce it.

Just a couple weeks ago I pretty much had to step on it to get the flap released..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It must be the cold - a few days ago when temperatures were around zero it happened again.

Now that I know that the mechanics of the release cable has been checked - is there anything I can do? I don't think my wife would be able to fill her up when it's cold!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this same issue as well and it seems to be more apparent in colder weather for sure. What I did was repeatedly open and close the door a few weeks ago (I think the plastic release tab that hold fuel door is just not getting pulled enough) in an effort to kind of wear it in to place. I did it about 50 times or so and haven't had an issue with it since... Just something to try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts