Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have kept track of my mileage religiously since 1981. My wife thinks I am a little daft. I started on paper with a pad in the glovebox, then graduated to an app on my iPod Touch and now to Fuelly. I'm on there, are any other members of this forum on Fuelly?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was on fuelly when I first got the car but when you fill up 2 and sometimes 3 times a week, it gets old fast. I always reset the trip meter though and have found the car computer to be very accurate. My average has been ~34-35 over most tanks.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
I am on there as well with the same username. Mine is called ASM 5MT.

61 fuel-ups with an average of 26.7MPG. Last and best MPG I got was 29.6MPG, mostly highway, with 91 octane ethanol-free gas.

I agree, it is stupid easy to use... it can be kinda slow to post your MPG on two bars of Verizon 3G on an iPhone 4. :lmao:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Prior car I used Car Maintenance Reminder Pro - was nice b/c it combined fuel efficiency data with reminders on regular maintenance items.

Fuelly app just points to their mobile site, meh. When looking I also saw Carfax app that tracks reported service history, reminds of regular maintenance, and also helps find good estimates near you - idk how well it does at that though. Early reviews are mediocre.

Combo of those 2 does same thing for free. Carfax may help if/when you sell the car, too.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I am there, but have not updated in a while.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Neat site. Filtering for 'sedan' and 'V6' I am doing better than all. Except the person reporting 73 MPG... :confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm on there, same name as here. Average 29.6, best 34.6. I have also found the car computer to be very accurate and have been debating if it is worth keeping up with entering the mileage on fuelly.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm on there, same name as here. Average 29.6, best 34.6. I have also found the car computer to be very accurate and have been debating if it is worth keeping up with entering the mileage on fuelly.
The nice thing with Fuelly is that it keeps a long term record of mileage. I think the car's computer only shows the last four tank fills. This allows you to spot a trend which could indicate something is wrong with the car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The nice thing with Fuelly is that it keeps a long term record of mileage. I think the car's computer only shows the last four tank fills. This allows you to spot a trend which could indicate something is wrong with the car.
Good point, that is one of the main reasons I keep track of my mileage. But I feel like I would notice a difference even without a long term record. I wonder if there was a mechanical issue with the car that caused mpg to drop if the computer would show the milage you are supposed to be getting or the actual mileage you are getting?

Another good reason to use fuelly is to share the real world MPG of our cars with those interested in buying. I know I checked fuelly to get an idea of the real world mpg I would get while shopping for a new car.

My wife also thinks I'm nuts :lmao:

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
Hey I'm on there! I love Fuelly, its a great way to keep track. I have 7500 miles on my Sport 6MT Sedan and I'm averaging 28.x MPG mixed. I'm happy with that. My commute is mainly highway but a couple times a week I have to run across town and back for my job and I think that's what's bringing mine down. Highway I'm pulling 33-35 (best of 42) and the runs across town are 17 and lower... Either way I love this car and the mileage is awesome!

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
551 Posts
I'm on there since I got my 2013 Accord about 11 months ago.

Big difference between summer and winter, bigger difference between road trip and every day driving.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
Never thought of that, Google Drive is mobile friendly and less worries about losing your records - great idea!
I've never heard of Fuelly till this thread, before that I would just email myself the trip kilometers and leters/gallons filled up then at work the next day I would add it to a spreadsheet. Simple but effective.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.