Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope you fellas enjoy my shoot. all taken by me just a few hours ago around my hometown.

anyways! enjoy some new backgrounds!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
hope you fellas enjoy my shoot. all taken by me just a few hours ago around my hometown.

anyways! enjoy some new backgrounds!!

Very nice pics, though I wish you could put them directly on the site as opposed to Photobucket. Doesn't come out as big or clean on Photobucket on my iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
You will keep a good lens for a long time and get your money's worth.

I finally sold my EF100-400 last fall after owning since 1999 and shot probably 200,000 frames through it, still got reasonable money towards a new EF100-400 since that's my primary workhorse lens.

Although I have to admit I don't use my 70-200 f2.8 IS as often, but it gives stunning image quality every time I do use it, especially in low light so I don't have to crank up the ISO.

My walk-around lens is the 24-105 IS, very good quality and focal length coverage.

Also have the 17-40, can't justify the 16-35 and want the extra little bit of range.

The one lens I rarely use is the 24-70 f2.8, I probably shouldn't have bought that one.....

·
Super Moderator
3,473 Posts
I'm thinking of going used on the 70-200 IS II although that's still around $2000. The Sigma gets good reviews so it's on top of my list right now. I know the quality is not up there with the Canon though. I got a 100mm macro for a good price used so I'll keep an eye out for the 70-200.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You will keep a good lens for a long time and get your money's worth.

I finally sold my EF100-400 last fall after owning since 1999 and shot probably 200,000 frames through it, still got reasonable money towards a new EF100-400 since that's my primary workhorse lens.

Although I have to admit I don't use my 70-200 f2.8 IS as often, but it gives stunning image quality every time I do use it, especially in low light so I don't have to crank up the ISO.

My walk-around lens is the 24-105 IS, very good quality and focal length coverage.

Also have the 17-40, can't justify the 16-35 and want the extra little bit of range.

The one lens I rarely use is the 24-70 f2.8, I probably shouldn't have bought that one.....
Yeah my 24-70 is the
Main lens I shoot with. We do weddings so the 16-35, 24-70 and 70-200 get used regularly at practically every single wedding

·
Registered
763 Posts
Damn! Those are awesome pics! I'd be stoked if I become a photographer half as good as you!

What Canon lens do you recommend for someone who's starting out on photography?
I'm just running with the kit 18-55 at the moment...

BTW, love your red horns! :D

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car looks great, very clean and tasteful mods. What's the story behind the house in the background?
Just an old historic mansion up the street from my house. It's right next to Untermeyer park where the son of Sam killed people lol.

The mansion is now used for movie shoots and wedding ceremonies/receptions. It's really nice inside. It's called the Aldor manor

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._B._Thompson_Mansion

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great shoot bud! My friend I went on a shoot but they didn't come out no where as good as this. Are you running HID's for the fogs or regular 9006's?

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great shoot bud! My friend I went on a shoot but they didn't come out no where as good as this. Are you running HID's for the fogs or regular 9006's?
8000k hids.

And thanks! This was actually my first time ever doing a photoshoot for cArs lol

·
Banned
48 Posts
Your pictures are oversaturated and overexposed.
I think that's the purpose of a photoshoot. You "enhance" colors for it to appear better.

You think photos in magazines have raw photos in them? Not one photo at all. Even wedding photography is all enhanced pictures in the album pictures, saturation, clarity, etc is all adjusted whether it be in Lightroom or Photoshop.

I think the photos are awesome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts