Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, it’s hard to see from those pics. Does the valve protrude outward or is it hidden?

Just installed one for my daughters Corolla and had to remove it because it was protruding downward so much it was an accident waiting to happen. That said, I also installed one on my wife’s Mazda’s CX9 and it is hidden, so no worries.

My Accord is the 2.0T, so I was wondering how it fits?

Thanks!

·
Reverse
136 Posts
The nice thing about the F-106SX is that you can point the valve's exit point in any direction you want before tightening the bolt. If you want the mechanical valve lever on top and the exit point to go sideways, you can do it that way. (Although, that's a recipe for a messy engine shield)

I've got mine pointed down and to the side of the shield and it's higher than the engine shield itself BUT if I were to run over a big enough rock in just the right spot, it could maybe hit it and damage it. I'm comfortable with that, but others might not be. If the rock is too big, it would hit the oil pan itself and if it's not big enough, it won't hit anything. I avoid driving over big rocks in general. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey gang. I have a 2018 Accord Touring with the 1.5T engine and I'm thinking about adding a Fumoto oil drain valve. Is anyone else using one? Pros/cons? Care to share any experiences? Which one did you go with? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey gang. I have a 2018 Accord Touring with the 1.5T engine and I'm thinking about adding a Fumoto oil drain valve. Is anyone else using one? Pros/cons? Care to share any experiences? Which one did you go with? Thanks
Per Fumoto on the Amazon site, for low ground clearance cars the S or SX is preferred over the N.[below]

How often (calendar) are you changing the oil? IOW, is it really worth it?

I anticipate changing the oil around Sept. So I'll be thinking about a valve too. But I estimate that I'll be doing oil changes once per year which makes it sort of not really a need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's my wife's daily driver. We've only had it about 8 months now and I changed the oil when we bought it to get synthetic in it. I'd say I'll change the oil twice a year. I really just like having a Fumoto drain valve. I know it's not a hard job anyway, but...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
^There is nothing but synthetic commonly available in 0W20 so it most surely had that in there. No harm in changing it of course.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts