Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the mirroring thing, there is a honda link NA (navigation) app out ($59.99) that I never saw before. I have a feeling that the only mirroring the new '14 civic and any other honda in the future will do is mirror honda apps, not the entire phone. Very disappointing thought. Makes me consider the mirroring hack even more!

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Well, it makes sense in that Honda would want to limit the likelihood of distracted driving (for liability reasons) and to generate some limited revenue ($59.99). Yes, true mirroring would have been absolutely awesome, but a navigation app that projects the image onto i-MID would be welcomed by me (assuming it works well; the graphics looks decent).

But offering this app shows me (surprisingly) that Honda is willing to forego the substantial revenues for built-in OEM navigation in order to provide a better experience for its customers.

I would buy this app and be a guinea pig for this forum, but my phone is 4S, not 5 or 5S as required. Someone else want to buy and make a video for us? Please????

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mirroring will only be available on the '14 civic. So nobody will buy this app on this forum. I was simply pointing out that even if we got oem mirroring on our 9th gen accords, it'll still be useless.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Yes, actually, I now see that your car needs to have Honda Link Next Generation in order to project the image to iMID. I would think that this feature will be available on 2015 Accord as well.

I don't agree that this type of mirroring would be "useless." For those who buy OEM navigation systems in their cars, wouldn't they like to pay $59.99 instead of $2,000? I use my smartphone for GPS, but I wouldn't mind a larger map image.

I doubt that anyone ever thought Honda would make unfettered mirroring available, mainly for liability reasons. Think of all of those annoying warnings in operating the car and the navigation system now. If they allow a driver to read texts, watch movies, etc. while moving . . . you get the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts