Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retrofit Guru
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New member here from central jersey. Ive had my 09 exl (4cyl) sedan since new and finally got around to doing some mods. Thus far I've got a complete interior white led conversion, A powered sub, some brembo pads and rotors, and a retrofit. Ive done many retrofits in the past but i must admit this car was definitely a challenge.. especially getting the Switchbacks to work as well as having the white drl work in both the Auto and off settings.Later this summer once the budget allows im looking into some Coils and some wheels (I'm pretty solidified on some Vossen CV3). Glad to be here.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice. You mounted the XSB switchback halos behind the Apollo 2.0 Square shroud, right?

How'd you end up mounting your projectors? Epoxy or nuts & bolts?

·
Retrofit Guru
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
infinite012, Thank you my man! And Thats correct sir :yes: , I mounted them as well as the entire process with JB WELD Steel Stik. To ensure maximum output of the LED's through the shroud I went ahead and got some Foil Tape (The same stuff we use to cover up the stray light from projectors) and mounted it behind the ring once it was in the shroud to prevent any light leaking back into the headlight.. I doubt that would happen but every bit helps ;) I wish I could use nuts, but considering the housing where the projector sits is round in shape, nuts(In my experience with round housings) would have cracked at some point down the road. It happened to a friend of mine who did it on his 7" round Jeep headlights. Since then Iv'e used epoxy for all my builds and its been going great for years! They look pretty great and I'll probably do a youtube link at some point once my master's classes and work stop kicking my ass this summer -__-

Sorry for the photos, theyre hideous. I'll take some better ones and post soon :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts