Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
freakyaccord
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help. i bought G37 for my 09 accord coupe v6 and i want to put them on but i heard i need hub rings and different lug nuts. Is this true and where should i get them and size?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yea it's all true. You will need conical/acorn lug nuts 1.5x12mm and you will need hubcentric rings 66.1 to 64.1. Hub rings can be had on eBay for about $10 bucks, plastic ones are fine. Lug nuts can be purchased from many different places. I picked up some muteki lugs locally but they also have them on amazon. Just make sure they are 12mmx1.5 that's the thread pitch for our accords. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea it's all true. You will need conical/acorn lug nuts 1.5x12mm and you will need hubcentric rings 66.1 to 64.1. Hub rings can be had on eBay for about $10 bucks, plastic ones are fine. Lug nuts can be purchased from many different places. I picked up some muteki lugs locally but they also have them on amazon. Just make sure they are 12mmx1.5 that's the thread pitch for our accords. Good luck.
I have had both G35 and G37 wheels on my 08 Coupe-- the acorn lug nuts worked on the G35 wheels, but I needed the washer style lug nuts for the G37s! Toyota OEM lug nuts fit if you need the washer style, it should be fairly obvious if you look at the wheels and see if there is a place for a washer to seat around the lug holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have had both G35 and G37 wheels on my 08 Coupe-- the acorn lug nuts worked on the G35 wheels, but I needed the washer style lug nuts for the G37s! Toyota OEM lug nuts fit if you need the washer style, it should be fairly obvious if you look at the wheels and see if there is a place for a washer to seat around the lug holes.
Good call some do use the washers. I know samkap here on DA got some maxima wheels and he needed the conical style with the washer as well. You can also look up the factory lugs online by searching for the vehicle the wheels came off of. And samkap if you reading this where are the pics man? Lol

·
freakyaccord
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx alot...ill prob do my wheels next week. Do you have a pic of them on your car?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can some one please link me to the right lug nuts for g35 wheels? And they just need lugs right? I read something about rings, I have no idea. Can you guys link me everything I need? Just bought g35's today.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Can some one please link me to the right lug nuts for g35 wheels? And they just need lugs right? I read something about rings, I have no idea. Can you guys link me everything I need? Just bought g35's today.
I pmed you with a link for the muteki lugs I bought for my g35 wheels. Here a link to the hubcentric rings. I would recommend them as they are cheap and do serve a purpose. Hubcentric Rings 66 1 OD to 64 1 ID Hub Centric Rings 4 Hub Rings | eBay

When I was looking eBay was the only place I could find em. No one locally had them. They have metal and plastic. I went with plastic because they where cheaper, I live in California so no salt on the road and because I read that the metal ones like to seize themselves on the hub over time. No problems with mine, although some people who track their cars say that the hub can get got enough under heavy braking to melt them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally solved the issue with my wheels vibrating at highway speeds:

Others (including myself) have experienced vibration issues even with the 64.1mm to 66.1mm hub spacers installed. This is because G37 wheels have an exceptionally deep hub chamfer and the Accord has quite short hubs that weren't engaging the wheel hubs, only the spacers were engaging and they were cracking and causing vibration if the wheels weren't properly put on (every shop that touched my car broke spacers).

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts