Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DA.. I recently installed a garage door opener on my garage and can't stand having the separate push-button device in my car to open and close the door as I am pulling in or out. Is there a way that I can rig the button to be controlled via a button in an open location say next to the VSA button?

I have what looks like 2 spots next to the VSA button that switches/buttons would fit. I plan on filling one space with a switch for aftermarket fog lights (since my LX-S coupe, from what I understand doesn't have capability of PnP fogs) I was hoping the 3rd switch location could be used to integrate my garage door opener somehow...?

Any ideas would be helpful, or possible locations you guys store your garage door opener "clickers" in your 8th gen Accords..

Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stuff... The first one wont work for me, I have an LX-S coupe with no navi.

The second link is basically what I am looking to do (just A LOT cleaner looking than that!!)

Thanks for the link!

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Thanks Stuff... The first one wont work for me, I have an LX-S coupe with no navi.

The second link is basically what I am looking to do (just A LOT cleaner looking than that!!)

Thanks for the link!
No navi is required to install the Honda overhead remote (HomeLink). I added it to my EX and it works great. There are a numer of threads that detail several ways to install it, including getting power from the car so no batteries are needed.

If you prefer to do it using the second way, search for recent threads talking about a miracle Honda button, VSA, etc. since there are examples, part #s, etc. I am adding one of these to my car instead of the cheesy switch for the automatic headlights.

Scott C.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No navi is required to install the Honda overhead remote (HomeLink). I added it to my EX and it works great. There are a numer of threads that detail several ways to install it, including getting power from the car so no batteries are needed.

If you prefer to do it using the second way, search for recent threads talking about a miracle Honda button, VSA, etc. since there are examples, part #s, etc. I am adding one of these to my car instead of the cheesy switch for the automatic headlights.

Scott C.
Exactly what he said, I have a 08 EX-L V6 Sedan with NO Navi, it came with Homelink which I use for the garage door. It's a bit of a pain to get it programmed in, but once its working the range is really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts