Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best placement for my garage door opener? Right now I have it inside one of the cup holders.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I bought a keychain remote, it's smaller and cost about $8, and I keep it in the left door armrest. I keep it there because there is a rubber mat at the bottom of the armrest little tray and the remote doesn't rattle around.

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT
120 Posts
I have both (One for the security gate and one for the garage) of mine in the sunglasses holder secured with VHB tape. I don't use sunglasses so this was unused space.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Where is the best placement for my garage door opener? Right now I have it inside one of the cup holders.
Mine is mounted inside my garage, it takes up less room that way and you won't always be bumping your elbow on it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Mine is mounted inside my garage, it takes up less room that way and you won't always be bumping your elbow on it.
Ok, if it's inside the garage, how do you open the door from the outside while in the car?
My elbow doesn't bump into it because it is in a recessed area.

Attachments

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
I had to google the 2013 Accord interior to see they got rid of the "This is not an ashtray" tray in front of the shift knob. I keep my openers there.

Pro tip: don't be afraid of velcro. Little square and you can stick your opener under the steering column. Discreet and out of the way, but very functional (and removable). I've found velcro to be very handy for mounting stuff on my dashboard, and it doesn't let go even in the 110F+ summers.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Checkout my Gentex mirror w/homelink. DIY in my signature below. One of the best upgrades on my accord.

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
Inside of driver side door
Underneath center console door
Underneath steering wheel
Under left side dash
Below ECON button
Inside sunglass holder

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Ok, if it's inside the garage, how do you open the door from the outside while in the car?
My elbow doesn't bump into it because it is in a recessed area.
:scratch: I use the remote, of course.

·
Enjoying Life!!!
55 Posts
Do people actually use their brains anymore?!?

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Oh this thread is for real...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ok, that was funny! I needed that

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Mines on the drivers visor. Interesting enough it even has a little clip on it that works perfectly to keep it in place.

Jay

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Mines on the drivers visor. Interesting enough it even has a little clip on it that works perfectly to keep it in place.

Jay
Puts an indentation in it though. No thank you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.