Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate sticking my gps on the wind shield.. with the wires hanging and stuff..finally figured out a way..
best part is the wires keeps hidden too :)

Attachments

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
i hate sticking my gps on the wind shield.. with the wires hanging and stuff..finally figured out a way..
That's a bad position. Now you have to look down, which means you have to move your head and eyes. That's more time of your eyes off the road.

I always put my GPS right in front of my forehead on the windshield. When I need to see something I just peek up for a split second then eyes back on the road.

Tuck the wires, no dangling wires here.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
What a great idea! Can the unit still see the satelites and work?

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's where mine is placed too. As for looking down, my Garmin has audible directions so I don't need to stare at the unit. ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
That's a bad position. Now you have to look down, which means you have to move your head and eyes. That's more time of your eyes off the road.

I always put my GPS right in front of my forehead on the windshield. When I need to see something I just peek up for a split second then eyes back on the road.

Agreed, should be at eye level as much as possible. Putting something down so low is asking for trouble when trying to find a location in an area you are completely unfamiliar with as turn by turn audio can get confusing and stressful on high traffic roads.

·
Registered
506 Posts
NOT the ideal position. There are several ways to mount it up high on the windshield or close to the rearview mirror and have the wires hidden across the top of the headliner and down the a-pillar.
You can leave the mount attached to the glass and remove the unit when not used.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Agreed, should be at eye level as much as possible. Putting something down so low is asking for trouble when trying to find a location in an area you are completely unfamiliar with as turn by turn audio can get confusing and stressful on high traffic roads.
+1 to that. The worst place I've ever run into that is the NYC area, particularly the Newark airport area. Jeez they have spaghetti roads there. By the time the GPS gives you a direction you are already past where it wanted you to turn:dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
35 Posts

Agreed. I have built in NAV and use it most of the time, but for longer drives where I want something reliable I put my Garmin directly underneath my rear view mirror.

Perfect placement, super natural to look at too, just like checking your mirrors.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agreed. I have built in NAV and use it most of the time, but for longer drives where I want something reliable I put my Garmin directly underneath my rear view mirror.

Perfect placement, super natural to look at too, just like checking your mirrors.
which mount did you use? can you post a link?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts