Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just checked the Garmin Express app and the 2020.0 map update is live.
I have been following all of the steps to update my 2018 Accord Hybrid. Before updating I received a message that said the USB would have to remain plugged into the dash in order for the maps to work. The "warning" said that the navigation would not work unless the USB remained plugged in. Were you able to unplug the USB and have the navigation work?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, after the update was complete.
What a pain it was to find the right USB stick and computer combo to get the Accord to recognize it though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Yes, after the update was complete.
What a pain it was to find the right USB stick and computer combo to get the Accord to recognize it though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
If this was your first time doing the update, I would suggest you label the USB stick and only use it for this. I just did my 4th update without any problems by using the same USB as I did from the first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
70 years, semi-computer literate with 2017 Honda Accord Touring, Cannot update Garmin Navigation following official instructions, 16 MB formatted scandisk cruser did not get map update. Also Garmin express could not be installed on my Win 8.1 computer. WTF, do you have to be a genius to do this or should I check myself into the psych ward?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts