Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible for a loose gas cap on a 2008 accord coupe v6 to idle very rough and shake, and feel like its stalling when put into Drive or Reverse?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last weekend i checked out an 8th gen accord showing those symptoms and the seller claims it started right before i got there, after he filled up the gas. he called me back saying he took it to the dealer and they said it was a loose gas cap, and the problems are all gone now

·
Registered
178 Posts
last weekend i checked out an 8th gen accord showing those symptoms and the seller claims it started right before i got there, after he filled up the gas. he called me back saying he took it to the dealer and they said it was a loose gas cap, and the problems are all gone now
Did YOU see the service ticket? What did it say?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Reading your other posts, the owner called you 30 minutes before you arrived and said there was a family emergency. Then he called 10 minutes later and said he could meet. When you arrived to look at the car he then says the CEL warning lamp illuminated.

Reading those posts verbatim, the owner has lied to you. No telling what the real story is.

Most faults (DTC's) are easily cleared (at least temporarily) with an OBDII scanner. Some faults are monitored as pending codes and are not considered faults until the powertrain control module decides the condition meets the programmed criteria. So the CEL may not illuminate immediately after being reset.

Not sure, but IIRC, 8th gen accords have a dedicated lamp for (loose) fuel cap warning. Did you see this lamp illuminated?

Edit: OBDII scanners are not expensive, easy to operate, and very handy for buying used cars and for maintaining your car. It might be a good idea to get one because you might need it with this car...

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
Smells fishy, don't eat it.:thumbsdow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts