Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my situation is the gas door won't open. Seems like the fuel door cable keeps on freezing, I really haven't had much issues with my other cars in the past but this one constantly freezes. I alway park the car inside so I don't know why its constantly doing it. I went to my parents place and tried to see if there cars gas door would open and it was fine. Plus my dads ridgeline is always parked outside. Anyways sorry for ranting but my question is, does anyone else's gas door cable freeze shut constantly. Also has honda changed the material for the gas door cable lever?

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
Funny you should mention this about the gasdoor. We are getting the Artic blast from up north here in Chicagoland (Thanks a lot for the 6F temps guys:wave:)today. the gas door stuck but I could lightly pry it open at the door itself.

Evidently there is no emergency release like I had on my Volvo S40 that was a direct wire hidden in the trunk.

Is there one for these cars? Or is there an undocumented feature someone knows about to open the door?

Any PM to be done for the cable or door release that everyone uses or recommend?

No rain prior to, just cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge.

Miker

·
Registered
884 Posts
If the door is frozen shut and you try to force it open using the fuel door release lever, you could break the linkage. That may have happened.

·
Registered
243 Posts
OP: Maybr parking indoors gives a chance for the snow to melt then refreeze again gluing the door shut?

I always visually inspect the car before I drive (especially in cold weather) such as washer fluid, tire pressures and if any doors are iced shut. A hairdryer usually does the trick for me in a minute or so.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Not having this issue with temps hitting -25*C/-15*F here in Utah.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know someone who has a 13' Sport, has brought it in 2 times already for the gas door not opening, and it wasn't in the winter..so it might be more than the cold weather...

·
Registered
884 Posts
I know someone who has a 13' Sport, has brought it in 2 times already for the gas door not opening, and it wasn't in the winter..so it might be more than the cold weather...
Trunk pops open every time eh? Lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
It seems like the "feel" of the linkage isn't as good as in previous Accords--more so for the trunk.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I haven't looked on these new cars, but isn't there an inside the trunk back up release for the fuel filler door....like in the past?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Two winters in Minnesota at well below zero. -25F the other day and no problem whatsoever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts