Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo something just happened to my gas gauge needle and its going on the way done and on a full tank it goes a little above the E. is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
One of two things I can think of is to replace the whole cluster (way too expensive) or replace the stepper motor in the cluster. You'll need to find someone that repairs dash clusters.

Since the needle actually moves indicating there still is an input from the tank sending unit, and it is indicating in the wrong spot, maybe the stepper motor has slipped from it's intended position. Don't know how to fix though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of two things I can think of is to replace the whole cluster (way too expensive) or replace the stepper motor in the cluster. You'll need to find someone that repairs dash clusters.

Since the needle actually moves indicating there still is an input from the tank sending unit, and it is indicating in the wrong spot, maybe the stepper motor has slipped from it's intended position. Don't know how to fix though.
whole clusters are going for about 60 on ebay. i think that might be just the way to go. since it might cost more to get someone to repair it. what do you think? is 60 a decent price if i cant fix it myself?

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
whole clusters are going for about 60 on ebay. i think that might be just the way to go. since it might cost more to get someone to repair it. what do you think? is 60 a decent price if i cant fix it myself?
Wow. haven't priced any myself but that is a great price. Are these new clusters? If so, 60$ sounds like a win. Sounds like a plug n play fix. :grin

Let us know what you decide and how it works for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
they are used but it seems like a great deal to be honest! would save alot of time and trouble!
Speedometer Cluster 2010 Honda Accord LX SE 2 4L Automatic | eBay
If you would accept my suggestion, I would buy it and keep the original for parts.

If you look at the middle view with the back of the dash showing, there are two white circular motors in the bottom left, one of which is the gas gauge. That's what you'd replace on your dash.

That way if the "new" dash is no good you can cannibalize it for parts. If the "new" dash is fine keep it since we aren't sure there isn't something else on the dash that's bad.

Anyway I'd take that bet for 60$.

Maybe someone who has performed this task will reply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you would accept my suggestion, I would buy it and keep the original for parts.

If you look at the middle view with the back of the dash showing, there are two white circular motors in the bottom left, one of which is the gas gauge. That's what you'd replace on your dash.

That way if the "new" dash is no good you can cannibalize it for parts. If the "new" dash is fine keep it since we aren't sure there isn't something else on the dash that's bad.

Anyway I'd take that bet for 60$.

Maybe someone who has performed this task will reply.
thanks man thats a good idea.

·
226 Posts
i had the same problem on my other car. took it to the mechanic and it was something faulty in the gas tank. i cant recall what it was exactly this happened in 2008

1 - 8 of 8 Posts