Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find the gas pedal position to be a bit uncomfortable in the coupe? I like the seat adjusted so I can drive comfortably with my hand on top at 12 on the steering wheel. But to do this I find my leg is not straight out and causes my foot to be uncomfortable on the gas pedal. I wish the pedal came out of he floor like my GTI. Or if the steering wheel had another 1.5" of telespcoping ability I could push the seat back another inch and pull the wheel closer to me.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Driving with your hand at the top of the steering wheel is dangerous. In April I hit a curb going 30 to 35 mph and the airbag deployed. I had my hands at the three and nine o'clock positions. When the airbag de blued it bruised my left forearm. Had I had my had at the top of the steering wheel my hand and arm would have hit my face with a lot of force which might have broken my arm. Adjust your seat so you are driving with both hands at nine and three.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Driving with your hand at the top of the steering wheel is dangerous. In April I hit a curb going 30 to 35 mph and the airbag deployed. I had my hands at the three and nine o'clock positions. When the airbag de blued it bruised my left forearm. Had I had my had at the top of the steering wheel my hand and arm would have hit my face with a lot of force which might have broken my arm. Adjust your seat so you are driving with both hands at nine and three.
Seconded. I drove for most of my life with one hand atop the wheel, but have been training myself to put both hands on the sides of the wheel. Old habits are very hard to break.

Under no circumstances let your passenger put her feet on the dash. Airbag injuries in those circumstances can be quite gruesome.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'll usually rest my left elbow on the window sill, holding the wheel at 9 o'clock. Right hand manipulates the shifter. About the only time both hands are on the wheel is during hard cornering.

I'm sure getting hit in the head by your hand during airbag deployed can be painful :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts