Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another long time lurker. Tonight I need help with a problem that just occured. My wife put the car in reverse and backed up a few feet and the dash lights and all the gauges stopped working. Earlier today I removed the clock backup fuse to reset a egr code that I had. But in the process I dropped the fuse and never found it. Upon startup the gauges went crazy for a few then settled. I went home cuz I was tired and would make a trip to the store in the morning for new fuses. But my wife had a sweet tooth and tried to take the car to the store. She called and told me the headlights and all the gauges stopped working. I replaced the backup fuse with the radio cigarette fuse. Now the headlights work but all the gauges just sit there...rpm,gas,temp...only light that comes on is the battery light...I don't know which fuse to check either...even my power windows don't work....HELP ME!! The car is a 99 EXV6 coupe with 197000 on the dash.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I dont think its a fuse problem, it sounds more like the alternator or the battery are bad or have dirty connections. Clean the battery connections first, then if its driveable take it to a parts store like Advance Auto and have them check out the charging system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the problem

It was the instrument cluster fuse. It had a clay colored 4amp fuse that blew. I took the radio fuse out and placed it in the instrument cluster slot. It must have blew when the gauges went haywire by the car missing the clock backup fuse. It's working fine now. Now if I can figure out this intermitant Transmission problem. I'll be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts