Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
9 Posts
I think I may have been the person who commented in that other thread about having a 2018 2.0T 6MT that does the sweep.

I would propose that people post the following (build date is located on a sticker applied to the driver side door jamb) :
Model Year:
Engine (1.5 or 2.0):
Build Date:

This might help us find where the changeover took place. Could it have been when they did the backup camera software update? I will post my own, but I need to get out and look up the build date.
Good idea. I'll Start, adding a few more details:

Model Year: 2019
Trim: Sport
Engine: 2.0
Transmission: 6MT
Build Date: 11/'18
Sweep?: No

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0t 6mt
31 Posts
I am also in the same boat NO sweep. I am hoping we figure this out soon cause it feels even worse when you can't get it/figure it out.

Model Year: 2018 Accord
Engine (1.5 or 2.0): 2.0T
Build Date: 06/18

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here is mine:
Build Date: 01/18
Sweep?: Yes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Model Year: 2019 Accord
Build Date: 12/18

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new to this form. Anyone figure out the sweep issue? I have a 2018 1.5 sport 6speed with no sweep. 😔

Year :2018
Trim : sport
Engine : 1.5
Transmission: 6speed
Build date :08/18
Sweep : no

·
Registered
2019 Accord Hybrid EX
3 Posts
Trim: EX
Engine (1.5 or 2.0): Hybrid
Transmission: E-CVT
Build Date: No idea, but it was purchased in 12/19

EDIT: Build Date 09/19

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trim: EX
Engine (1.5 or 2.0): Hybrid
Transmission: E-CVT
Build Date: No idea, but it was purchased in 12/19
You can look in the door jamb for the build date.

Hey everyone,

I'm logging all the data in a Google Sheet linked below if you want to check it out as I'm collecting it. I've also posted on a 10th Gen group on Facebook I'm a part of. Feel free to share with other 10th Gen owners so we can collect more data.

Google Sheet Link: 10th Gen Gauge Sweep Database

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. The speedo on the left has a real moving needle. The tach and the center area between tach and speedo are just an LCD screen showing the animations. They light up the needle on the right before they light up the backlight for the numbers on the speedo side.

I may have sent us off the rails by pointing out the fact that the speedo is analog or "mechanical" - not an LCD. I was just pointing out that the sweep would still be functional on that "real" needle to show that it works.
my Sport 2.0T 6MT, built 04/19, no sweep

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
198 Posts
Trim: EXL
Engine: 2.0T
Transmission: 10AT
Build Date: 03/19

I could have sworn that I saw an option for turning off the sweep animation somewhere but I've been checking for the past two days and for the life of me can't find it. Probably a combination of CRS and early onset of dementia/"old timer's"...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Build Date: 11/17

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Not trying to complicate this topic any more than it already is, but don't you also need to track US vs Canada vs.... if you're looking for a pattern?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So there is an interesting pattern forming so far. If you sort by build date there seems to be a stretch where the sweep does not happen. From the data collected so far it's cars built in the time between March 2018 (03/'18) and March 2019 (03/'19). In other words, if your Accord was built after March 2018 but before March 2019 (the range could be narrower but we would need more data to tell), it likely will not have the sweeping action upon startup. See below for an image of the sorted data collected so far.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to break your pattern…

Build Date: 5/2019

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,679 Posts
Someone needs to swap clusters to determine if it’s a function of the individual clusters.

·
More cars, more problems
37 Posts
Not only do I not have sweep, but I'm also salty that the manuals don't have the boost gauge/red dials.

Build Date: 11/2018

Someone needs to swap clusters to determine if it’s a function of the individual clusters.
Hard to say. I had a 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi, and I wanted to swap in the gauge cluster from the Turbo-X since it said: "Ready for take off" when you started the car and the boost gauge had fancier colours (I know, I'm a man child). Turns out that some people did the swap and it didn't work because it was tied to a different BCM that the cluster looked up the value to. Though, there's now a hack that enables it via a bootstrap dongle that you leave in the ODBII port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: Touring
Build Date: 03/2018

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
There is a decent mix of American and Canadian forum members chiming in.
Yes, but in order to make sense out of any possible trends, the country of each entry should be tracked, and analyzed separately by country. We have no way to know if the change was introduced at the same time in both countries...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Model Year: 2020 Accord
Build Date: 07/20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 40 of 50 Posts