9 Posts
Sorry to break your pattern…

Model Year: 2019 Accord
Trim: Sport
Engine (1.5 or 2.0): 2.0T
Transmission: 6MT
Build Date: 5/2019
Sweep?: No
Ah okay, thanks for your info. I'll continue to collect data to see what's up.

Does anyone know if there's a way to approach Honda directly about this issue?

Yes, but in order to make sense out of any possible trends, the country of each entry should be tracked, and analyzed separately by country. We have no way to know if the change was introduced at the same time in both countries...
This is true and I now wish I had started collecting this data from the beginning. Maybe I'll start a new thread? Is there any other pieces of information that you think should also be collected?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Model Year: 2020
Engine: 2.0
Transmission: 10 Speed Auto
Build Date: 12/'19
Sweep?: Yes

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
This is true and I now wish I had started collecting this data from the beginning. Maybe I'll start a new thread? Is there any other pieces of information that you think should also be collected?
You could look at the flag under the user name for each person who responded to capture US vs Canada info. Easier than starting over. But ask everyone who responds from now on to include their country directly in their post along with all the other info you wanted to make it easier for you to capture.

Doubtful Honda will care or do anything about this. They have the right to change specs whenever they want. You'd have a hard time proving this is an actual defect. And this isn't a safety issue...

·
Registered
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT
7 Posts
Made a note to pay attention to the dashboard this morning when I backed my car out to take out the trash :cool:

Build Date: 11/19

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
9 Posts
Made a note to pay attention to the dashboard this morning when I backed my car out to take out the trash :cool:

Build Date: 11/19
Thanks—I've added it to the database. Another pattern seems to be emerging. Now it seems that the "no sweep" cars are all 6MTs manufactured between June 2018 and May 2019 inclusively. I am really interested to see if there are any non-6MT vehicles which do not feature a gauge sweep.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those red bars represent the cars that Frank was working on. Frank's was a notorious drunk. Those were the times he came to work loaded or really hung over and forgot to insert the CFGS (Cool Freakin' Gauge Sweep) chip. They nearly fired Frank but the union personnel rep got him to go to rehab and he's been sober since June of 2019. We're really proud of you Frank. And sorry to the folks who missed out on the CFGS feature. But, hey Frank's doing better and his wife even came back, so...
-Honda of America

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,573 Posts
They nearly fired Frank but the union personnel rep got him to go to rehab
Honda is non-union.

Honda Marysville: A non-union auto plant prospers

Sep. 30, 2019

Marysville, Ohio — While the United Auto Workers strike against General Motors Co. plants stretches on, it's been business as usual here at Honda Motor Co.’s Marysville assembly.

Celebrating its 40th year of production this month, the non-union plant has never had a work stoppage as it has pumped out two of the most popular vehicles in America: the Honda Accord sedan and CR-V SUV.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's a joke dude. Like right to work. Frank just read this and bought a case of Milwaukee's Best and threw it into his freezer. He'll finish them before they even get cold. Thanks for that. His wife Betty lost all that weight and even bought a negligee. But, that's off too. Little Jimmy won't have coach and Tammy Sue will no doubt be pregnant by the time she's 16. You don't deserve a sweeping gauge. I have one because I ran into Frank at the AA meeting and he installed one in mine on the sly. Oh well. This is all still part of the joke Mr. Literal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Model Year: 2018 Accord
Engine (1.5 or 2.0): 2.0T
Build Date: 12/17

·
Registered
343 Posts
You weren't really asking for input for the Hybrid model, but FWIW:

Model Year: 2018 Accord Hybrid
Trim: Touring
Engine (1.5 or 2.0): 2.0 liter NA, plus electric motor
Transmission: "eCVT" (more of a lock-up clutch, at one fixed gear ratio)
Build Date: 09/18
Sweep?: Yes (in the Hybrid case, it is a regular speedometer, plus a virtual needle on the "power dial" that sits where a tach would be)

The gauge sweep has some more benefit in the case of the Hybrid model, as when you turn the car on, the gas engine may or may not start. Other than the gauge sweep, the other main indication that the car is ON is that you get an indicator light that says "Ready"....

41 - 50 of 50 Posts