Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

so my car is having a slight issue with the gear box/transmission i guess i am not too sure. took it to the dealer repair shop, the throttle body part needed to replaced or wat not ... paid close to a grand and i still have the problem. i going back to get it redone. but in any case, i am posting here to see if u guys know anything.

So the problem is.. when you start moving from stop.. like at a signal light or something it would be fine. it would say around 20 25 mph it would get stuck there..opening up throttle only just revs up the engine to higher RPM. if you would to imagine driving a Manual. it gets up and goes u shift it to second and then it just stays there... u press gas it just shoots up the rpm speed, not soo much...like it wouldn't go in 3rd gear. i tried saying something liek this to a rep at honda dealers and he said oh its automatic it doesnt go in 3rd. i m thinking in my head i dont care if it doesnt have 3rd or not.. i dont know how automatic transmission works but i wat trying to explain wat its like..
Thank god i had a ****ing video of this..i showed it them they run some test and came of with the throttle body bs.
it only happen onces in a while... but its irritating and dangerous enough caz sometime when u r trying to merge on a highway or something yea it ****s caz u wont move any faster then 25 mph.

let me know if u guys know somethign about this... i will try to post a video to give u guys a better idea

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wow, never heard of this before.

Do you have an auto or manual? Which engine?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
Sounds like a transmission problem. Extended warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it getting stuck in neutral between gear shifts? My old civic used to have that problem and i was told many different things, including seals hardened, 2nd gear clutch was bad..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
How's your transmission fluid?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i get my car serviced... at honda dealers.. yes i know its pretty stupid, and i kick myself for it all the time.. but i think i just love my car way too much... but in any case so answering aman question i thikn its fine since its been taken car of at the dealers since the day we bought it in 03 Akusui its not the actual shifter getting stuck...its inside the trans. and sir i DO NOT have extended warranty :(

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Sounds like clutch packs in transmission are going out. Time for a rebuild. Transmission is slipping between gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts