Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2015 accord lx coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so im waiting on a valve cover gasket none of the parts stores around me have it in stock. My question is if i just change my spark plugs for now will it fix the whole rough running engine and my car battery dying cause im not getting enough spark. I have to make it to work the next couple days so basically just trying to bandaide it for now ill have the gasket on tuesday and can finish the whole job then but for now would that keep me rolling until then?

· 2015 accord sport
214 Posts
Hey guys so im waiting on a valve cover gasket none of the parts stores around me have it in stock. My question is if i just change my spark plugs for now will it fix the whole rough running engine and my car battery dying cause im not getting enough spark. I have to make it to work the next couple days so basically just trying to bandaide it for now ill have the gasket on tuesday and can finish the whole job then but for now would that keep me rolling until then?
Just to let you know that just changing the spark plugs most likely won’t resolve your rough idling nor is it the cause of a dying battery, if your cars charging system is working and your car isn’t holding it charge it’s most likely that you haven’t been driving enough, your car battery charges when you drive your car daily.
im not It saying its impossible that if your plugs were changed you idle won’t get better but I highly doubt it. Mines plugs has never been changed since I got my car and it runs like the day I got it.

· Registered
2015 accord lx coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to let you know that just changing the spark plugs most likely won’t resolve your rough idling nor is it the cause of a dying battery, if your cars charging system is working and your car isn’t holding it charge it’s most likely that you haven’t been driving enough, your car battery charges when you drive your car daily.
im not It saying its impossible that if your plugs were changed you idle won’t get better but I highly doubt it. Mines plugs has never been changed since I got my car and it runs like the day I got it.
So i drive alot actually i live far from work and the i go to on a daily basis. Ive read that if u got bad spark plugs or their just not getting enough spark it can make it to where ur not getting enough voltages through your charging system. Im not like pro or anything like that obviously with cars really been trying to learn most of this myself with the help of u guys and google lol. I think until i get all my parts im just gonna check the spark plug tubes and clean as needed maybe try and clean the spark plugs and check the coils and everything and see if that helps. I gotta get to work tonight so just trying to figure out a temporary fix. Also my charging systems fine i have a brand new alternator. That and the battery test was good but yea ive just read a few different things about if your spark plugs are bad or something it can throw off your charging system as well idk how true it is but im praying after i clean everything today that it helps. Work is 30 min from me so im just trying to not get stranded until i can fix the seals and put new spark plugs in in a couple days

1 - 3 of 3 Posts