Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Weapon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
General repair advice needed. O2 sensor, belt etc.

Hey everybody. Great site. I have spent hours just looking over some of the many threads. As a noob owner of a 2003 Honda accord LX 4 cyl, I like to work on my cars and am not familiar enough with this car just yet to go it alone.

Is there a good repair section to the website? I could not find it but that does not mean it is not there. If not here are my questions:

O2 sensor nearest firewall is bad. What are the steps to replace? Should I only replace it with a genuine Honda sensor and where would be a good place to get a fair price on it besides the local stealership?

Engine Belt is whining when wet. I live in oregon so wet days are prevalent. Would like to change it but need advice on this too.

Thanks.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
For the sensor, you will probably need a special socket to remove the sensor (has a slot for the wire). Personally, I would get the Honda sensor. It would probably cost less online, than a dealership (check the prices). You can change the drive belt with a breaker-bar, and 14mm socket, but be careful that tensioner has a lot of "tension" on it. Push the breaker-bar to release the tension, and slide the belt off the tensioner pulley. Install starting at the crank pulley. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just did my belt the other day. Go ahead and buy the tool, make sure you get one that has the mini sockets with it. The belt change out should only take a few cuss words and 10 minutes. Have a flash light handy so you can see the belt path before starting.

·
Weapon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the o2 sensor located? The tech only told me it was bad but did not show me its location.

Is there a place online where I can find the repair manual or should I just look to buy a hard copy?

Thanks for all the help so far.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
Since the mechanic said it was near the firewall, I would assume it's the after Cat sensor. I would at least buy one of those cheap Haynes/Chilton manuals from Autozone etc. Well worth the $20 or less spent IMO.

·
Weapon
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out it the was the downstream O2 sensor. According to the local stealership part #36532RAAA01 is $92.08.

Got a Haynes manual. Terrible Directions and photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts