Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Honda owners,

I recently purchased a Black 2014 v6 Accord EX-L sedan with navi and ivory interior. Wow...I love this car more than I thought possible! My last 5 cars have been German (BMW 330, 2 BMW 335i's and 2 VW GTIs). The last Honda I owned was a 1992 model when I was in my 20's.

I was a German car snob for the last 8 years but I'm done. This new accord checks all the boxes. Affordable, luxury interior (at this price point), very comfortable, a powerful engine and loaded with cabin tech.

Being able to pump 87 oct again puts a big smile on my face. I can't believe I'm averaging 26 mpg in a 278 hp v6!! The engine is very responsive...it's not a 335i twin turbo but the 3.5L is impressive nonetheless. Passing cars on the highway is easy and it growls under acceleration.

I love music and this new Honda gives me more options than I ever thought possible. XM, Pandora, iphone, HDD, fm, am. I love the split screen and how easy all the controls are. Voice command, backup and lane switch cameras are all very cool and useful features.

The leather seats are very comfortable (as comfortable as my BMWs) and the outward visibility is the best I've ever experienced. I think this car is head and shoulders better than the Altima, Camry or a 4 cylinder 328i.

Macpherson struts make this car fun to handle. It doesn't feel heavy and the steering feels much better than a new A4 I test drove. It doesn't handle as good as my previously owned German cars but I still like it. It's not boring.

Great job Honda!! :thmsup:

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts
Nice review. All very good points you elucidated.

Hope the VCM doesn't bug you.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Welcome back into a Honda. I don't think I'll ever leave.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I couldn't have put it any better myself. I'd driven German cars myself (BMW 328i, MB E320) for the past 15 years or so and for practical reasons moved back to the Honda brand. No more premium gasoline or very expensive out of warranty repairs!! Congrats on your new Honda and welcome to DA Forums.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So glad to hear that you are enjoying your car! Best of luck with it :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Same here, love my new V6 Coupe but admit I miss my 2006 330ci. That was an awesome quick handling car & fuel efficient, better than my '14 Accord in fact . But was worried about long term potential repair & maintenance costs so I traded it in for my 2014 Accord. We shall see if I'm happy long term with my recent decision

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Congratulations and welcome back to the Honda fold. Although I have the I4 I can't agree with your comments.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Honda uber allas!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't have put it any better myself. I'd driven German cars myself (BMW 328i, MB E320) for the past 15 years or so and for practical reasons moved back to the Honda brand. No more premium gasoline or very expensive out of warranty repairs!! Congrats on your new Honda and welcome to DA Forums.
Thanks. I don't have kids and make decent money so I've indulged my car obsession. I also modified my German cars which got really expensive. Dinan stage 2 s/w on a 335i coupe? Scarey fast but how often did I get to use that cars potential? 2% of the time? I live 7 miles from work. And rwd in the winter sucks unless you buy winter tires.

I wanted a comfortable car, a good stereo system and decent power. Honda v6 is that and more. The technology is awesome.

Get this. my last car was a 2013 GTI. My insurance is $32 a month cheaper in the EX-L. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Enjoy it! I have the same car as you without navi and I agree with your points. It really is an awesome car. Now you can upgrade the stereo to really indulge your music side!

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
I don't have kids and make decent money
Children are the future....unless we stop them!

And rwd in the winter sucks unless you buy winter tires.
I disagree....give me fresh snow, a giant empty parking lot, and rear wheel drive and I am doing donuts until the plows (or Johnny Law) greet me.

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
Congratulations. It feels like getting an Acura sometimes. I love my car and know exactly how you feel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Honda owners,

I recently purchased a Black 2014 v6 Accord EX-L sedan with navi and ivory interior. Wow...I love this car more than I thought possible! My last 5 cars have been German (BMW 330, 2 BMW 335i's and 2 VW GTIs). The last Honda I owned was a 1992 model when I was in my 20's.

I was a German car snob for the last 8 years but I'm done. This new accord checks all the boxes. Affordable, luxury interior (at this price point), very comfortable, a powerful engine and loaded with cabin tech.

Being able to pump 87 oct again puts a big smile on my face. I can't believe I'm averaging 26 mpg in a 278 hp v6!! The engine is very responsive...it's not a 335i twin turbo but the 3.5L is impressive nonetheless. Passing cars on the highway is easy and it growls under acceleration.

I love music and this new Honda gives me more options than I ever thought possible. XM, Pandora, iphone, HDD, fm, am. I love the split screen and how easy all the controls are. Voice command, backup and lane switch cameras are all very cool and useful features.

The leather seats are very comfortable (as comfortable as my BMWs) and the outward visibility is the best I've ever experienced. I think this car is head and shoulders better than the Altima, Camry or a 4 cylinder 328i.

Macpherson struts make this car fun to handle. It doesn't feel heavy and the steering feels much better than a new A4 I test drove. It doesn't handle as good as my previously owned German cars but I still like it. It's not boring.

Are you having any issues with VCM kicking in at various speeds and any vibrations being felt when the VCM kicks in ? I have been looking into getting a V6 Sedan however with all the information i have been reading into VCM Vibration issues, i am not entirely sure if i should get a V6 or not. Looking to gather any feedback you can provide based on your experience.

Thank you

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

I rented a 2013 328i for a trip to NJ last month. The power was nice, but I found the interior drab and the seats hurt my back after about 75 miles. I don't see what the big fanfare is with BMW, maybe I'm getting old lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Traded a '13 Accord I4 Coupe (EXL w/nav) with 1500 miles for a '14 BMW
428i coupe.

I find the 8-way power driver and passenger seats (with adjustable thigh supports) in the BMW much more comfortable and the interior much classier. (Mine has a silver exterior with a coral red interior.) Example - the interior has real wood trim--not "metal flake "plastic. Also the BMW has interior color options other than black--the only choice with my silver '13 Accord.

Also, with regard to comfort, the door armrest and the console (when used as a rest for the right arm) are correctly positioned. Both armrests in the Accord were too low for me.

Don't think I am a Honda hater. Have purchased a '87 or '88 Prelude, an 2003 Civic SI, an '04 Accord, an '05 Pilot, an '06 Civic and a '13 Accord---all new. I love Hondas!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Are you having any issues with VCM kicking in at various speeds and any vibrations being felt when the VCM kicks in ? I have been looking into getting a V6 Sedan however with all the information i have been reading into VCM Vibration issues, i am not entirely sure if i should get a V6 or not. Looking to gather any feedback you can provide based on your experience.

Thank you
Internet research is fine but please don't let yourself be swayed on the "VCM Issue". At WORST I notice a little "lugging" feeling right around 45 mph in steady state, but it is minor. I don't even know that it is VCM vibration. It might just be the gearing that has the engine lugging at 1600 rpm at that point. It's really not as big a deal (if it is a deal at all) as some people make it seem. You can find lots and lots of complaints on these boards and many of them (in my opinion at least) are bordering on frivolous.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Hello Honda owners,

OP - your experience and rationale is 100% the same as mine, which is why I went to the Accord when I sold my BMW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just gave up my 2006 330xi because I can't fix a car every month. It was the best car so far in driving experience, but I would rather to get something more practical and affordable to maintain. I will keep this accord until the car falls apart. But if I want to get back to BMW, I would just lease, not buy.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I just gave up my 2006 330xi because I can't fix a car every month. It was the best car so far in driving experience, but I would rather to get something more practical and affordable to maintain. I will keep this accord until the car falls apart. But if I want to get back to BMW, I would just lease, not buy.
My BMW was great in the first 3 or 4 yrs of ownership. In the 7th-10th years it became sort of silly. It was a hobby trying to fix some of the stuff myself rather than pay someone to do it, but it became tiring and I also couldn't fix it all myself easily

·
Registered
7 Posts
Internet research is fine but please don't let yourself be swayed on the "VCM Issue". At WORST I notice a little "lugging" feeling right around 45 mph in steady state, but it is minor. I don't even know that it is VCM vibration. It might just be the gearing that has the engine lugging at 1600 rpm at that point. It's really not as big a deal (if it is a deal at all) as some people make it seem. You can find lots and lots of complaints on these boards and many of them (in my opinion at least) are bordering on frivolous.
Thanks for your input MartyV6,

I like the Accord V6 a lot, I test drove the car before i knew about some users having vibration issues so i did not pay close attention to this behavior back then, in some cases users have indicated that they did not feel anything in the first few months or the first several thousand miles and the issues then started to surface, that is why i was trying to gather some input if owners have put anywhere from 5K-15K miles on their 2014 Accord V6 and are noticing any issues at that time. I have been a Toyota user for the past 8 years however i really like the new Accord and specially the power a V6 would have. Just gathering real world feedback of any potential vibration issues.

Based on your opinion, is the wind noise too excessive as well around 60-65mph+ ?? that was another complaint i have seen from some of the users as well.

Thanks again..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts