Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sport is nearly 2 years old and I'm already getting the itch to change to a new model.

Can we expect anything new from Honda in the next 12 - 18 months that would represent a good move from the Accord (but NOT the HR-V).

·
No PRND
749 Posts
I'm almost at 2 years and just rolled over 48,000 miles. I too am thinking about my next move. Honestly, I am waiting for the official photos of the 5-door Civic to be released. A Si/Type-R flavor of that may call my name.

I am also considering a slightly different route, going either next-gen Tacoma or Wrangler.

Who knows, just dreaming for now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would you be bored still if you moved up to a V6? Seems a lot are doing that here lately.
Never liked the V6, great engine but for me it deserved a better shell to go around it - plus the cost difference didn't make sense.

The Sport is perfect with the I4 (for me at least).

I guess there is always the coupe....

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
I want an Avalon Limited, but waiting to see the 2016 Pilot in person. The itch is growing here as well.

Jay

·
Registered
652 Posts
I want an Avalon Limited, but waiting to see the 2016 Pilot in person. The itch is growing here as well.

Jay
I wanted a avalon too but the front end turns me off too much. Love the rest of the car though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I always seem to have the itch LOL. I really like the thought of not having a car payment for a few years is very appealing. At the same time, I am growing tired of my coupe's limited utility. Next car will be at least a sedan, maybe even a pickup or a CUV. I need more utility. I could see myself in a new ILX at some point. Kinda curious, as someone else said, about how the new Civic Hatch is gonna look. I could make use of a CR-V, but not sure about owning one. Also like the looks of the 2016 Mazda CX-5.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like the A5 and Avalon - we have similar tastes, but I just saw that new 2016 Civic Si coupe and I'm totally smitten.

If Honda put the rumored 2.0T engine and 8 speed DCT transmission in it I will buy one for sure.

·
Blinded by the light
1,754 Posts
I really like the A5 and Avalon - we have similar tastes, but I just saw that new 2016 Civic Si coupe and I'm totally smitten.

If Honda put the rumored 2.0T engine and 8 speed DCT transmission in it I will buy one for sure.
I think the new SI looks good, but it does look very similar to the current Accord Coupe.

·
Honda enthusiast
225 Posts
You haven't owned an real accord until you have owned one with six cylinders and six gears that you change manually. The fact that a sedan variant is no longer available is absurd! Get the 6-6 coupe!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the itch too. Thinking about trading my Accord for the new pilot explorer or sorento... I don't want to but then sometimes I feel that I should.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I always seem to have the itch LOL. I really like the thought of not having a car payment for a few years is very appealing. At the same time, I am growing tired of my coupe's limited utility. Next car will be at least a sedan, maybe even a pickup or a CUV. I need more utility. I could see myself in a new ILX at some point. Kinda curious, as someone else said, about how the new Civic Hatch is gonna look. I could make use of a CR-V, but not sure about owning one. Also like the looks of the 2016 Mazda CX-5.
No ILX all it is is a civic... I think the ILX don't look right... unless you get the Pembroke Pines 2016 ilx that's on Acurazine but you have to mod it like that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really hope the new Accord has a redesigned interior at least (otherwise 2013-2016 models with very similar to same interiors would just become very boring).

you can always opt for the v6 honestly or the new civic hatchback/coupe that is coming out.

To the guy who said about upgrading to the CR-V, trust me you won't like it once you've got an Accord lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
New Civic Si will come in sedan form as well... DCT option, 240ish hp turbo four, LED headlights... Worth thinking about.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
My Sport is nearly 2 years old and I'm already getting the itch to change to a new model.

Can we expect anything new from Honda in the next 12 - 18 months that would represent a good move from the Accord (but NOT the HR-V).
I see the comment listed in your car signature “True automotive beauty is always stock,” but this is exactly why modifications exit. They keep you happy with your car when you get that itch. And mods are usually cheaper than trading in the current car, paying hundreds of dollars in doc fees, realizing that big hit on early depreciation, paying sales tax and getting a more expensive car which loses more in depreciation again. Plus many mods can often make the car better (performance), keep you happy and keep you in the car for a longer time – better value.

Never liked the V6, great engine but for me it deserved a better shell to go around it - plus the cost difference didn't make sense.

The Sport is perfect with the I4 (for me at least).

I guess there is always the coupe....
But then you and I may be very different. That V6 engine may be the ONLY reason a Honda is in my garage right now.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
No ILX all it is is a civic... I think the ILX don't look right... unless you get the Pembroke Pines 2016 ilx that's on Acurazine but you have to mod it like that.
Well, I haven't driven one, but really the ILX and Civic don't share much of anything except the platform they are built on. 2016's have a version the 2.4 Earth Dreams Accord engine, 8-speed DCT w/ torque converter, much nicer interior design, materials, more tech features, more safety features, quieter cabin, more responsive steering, etc, etc. It is NOT a Civic in my eyes.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
I wanted a avalon too but the front end turns me off too much. Love the rest of the car though.
The Avalon looks great coming down the road, especially in White or Oh Oh La La Rouge. (Real name of the color)

Jay

·
ultracrepidarianism
266 Posts
I'm not trading ( I think.. ) but always looking. The itch is real but the need to scratch is not. The Avalon made it into my top ten but I finally dropped it because it was too senior citizen and a bit dowdy. Lower models at 33k made it harder to justify the limited at 38k-41k. Even if it is a half price Lexus 450 ( more or less ). The Lexus IS 350 is a sharp looking car although a lot of the automotive press seemed unimpressed.

I followed a new white Civic Si sedan the other day. Very nice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts