Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a navigation radio head unit to replace my current one , thought my amp had gone out in the radio part of the navigation head unit, turns out that the problem was my front passenger speaker was shorting out, causing no audio to be heard from any of the speakers. So now I have a backup nav radio head unit, so I connected the extra head unit up to make sure it worked, I didn't have the radio code for the extra unit so I called my local dealership to get the code, but they are giving me a 5 digit code when the unit will only accept 4 digits, so the code they are giving me will not work. I've called another dealership to see if they get a 4 digit code, but they give me the same 5 digit code which is not possible to enter? Anyone have any idea why they are giving me a 5 digit code when it will only accept a 4 digit code? I've double and triple checked the serial number, I am at a loss here?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Some nav units have a radio code and navi code. You have to ask for the navi code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there are 2 codes, I have the navi code and the navi works fine, I need the radio code, and it can only be 4 digits, but the dealer shows it being 5? My original unit which I have the code for is only 4 and the nav code is also only 4 digits. The nav unit is a completely separate unit in the trunk, so the nav code will be the same, the radio code is for the head unit.
I had the dealer lookup the radio code for my original unit, just to see whether he would give me the same 4 digit code that I know works for that unit, and he gave me a totally different 5 digit code for that unit as well, which is not possible to enter as the system will only let you put in 4 digits for the code.
:dunno:

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Radio codes are always 5 digits. Navi is always 4.

Does the screen display "code" or "c"?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Radio code is only 4 for the original unit, the upper dash display starts with just c, you turn tuner knob to the correct first digit and press, then it puts c on the upper display, then the next digit and it shows co , until it spells out the word code, which is only 4 digits. Its not possible to enter more than 4 digits in this system for the radio code.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I have been working at a Honda dealership for quite awhile and deal with this every day. The display should read "enter code". The first digit shows "c", the second shows "o", the third, "d", fourth, "e", the fifth turns on the radio.

If you've entered it incorrectly too many times, a code error with show up. You will have to remove the negative battery connection for one minute and reconnect to reset it.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Or it is possible that the navi code unlocks the whole system. It may seem like a stupid question, but did you get the new serial number off of the new unit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in the 2003-2007 accords with navigation, both the radio code and navi codes are separate and they are only 4 digits, I have done a complete navi conversion, I know how they work, my original navi unit which works fine has a 4 digit code for the radio and a 4 digit code for the navi, I assure you its not possible to enter more than 4 digits when entering the radio code for these systems, when you enter the digit that corresponds to the e in the word code, thats when system either works or gives you error for the wrong code.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i used the new serial number, off the new unit.
I even got the serial number by the procdure on the honda navi code site:

Retrieve Serial Number from Device Display
2003 - 2007 Accord with Navigation System
Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I).
Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
Turn off the audio unit.
Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens.
The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200).
The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055).
Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved, you have to tell them you need a navi code for the head unit not a radio code, apparently both codes are navi codes, even though one works for nav and the other the radio ??? Finally talked to a local dealer who was able to sort it out. And they are only 4 digits.
:thmsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts