Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Nerd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still negotiating with the dealer over price, but I want to make sure everything is in order before I seal the deal.

Are there any colors which cause a glare on the windshield in sunlight? I'm planning to get the Modern Steel w/ Grey interior and want to make sure I won't be blinding myself for the next 200K+ miles.

· Registered
244 Posts
I have had gold, black, blue and now silver cars and not noticed any paticular color mattered in regards to glare.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I'm still negotiating with the dealer over price, but I want to make sure everything is in order before I seal the deal.

Are there any colors which cause a glare on the windshield in sunlight? I'm planning to get the Modern Steel w/ Grey interior and want to make sure I won't be blinding myself for the next 200K+ miles.
I thought that Moder Steel comes with a black interior. I have Red and my wife's Fit is silver. No glare in either one.

· Nerd
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no car has glare when you drive it - you are overthinking it.....
Probably, but it's my first car. I remember being younger and one of my parent's cars had a glare.

Flyboy said:
I thought that Moder[n] Steel comes with a black interior.
It either comes with black or grey, I prefer the lighter colors for the southern heat.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
yeah, no worries about glare from the hood. Pick your fav color and enjoy. The Grey is very nice, easy to keep clean and will age nicely. The interior can glare at times - the shiny plastic pieces around the shifter and cup holders but its really rare, and nothing to be concerned about. They are good cars. Probably the best Accord I've had since 1980.

And BTW, welcome aboard! Post some pictures when you get it!

· Registered
5,426 Posts
It either comes with black or grey, I prefer the lighter colors for the southern heat.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. The coupe only comes in black.

· Chocolate Lady
349 Posts
Yeah those old station wagons with the wood paneling had a rather large hood, lots of surface area glaring back at ya:thmsup:
My father had one of those when I was little. It was big and fun!

...The interior can glare at times - the shiny plastic pieces around the shifter and cup holders but its really rare, and nothing to be concerned about...
What he /\ /\ /\ said. Yes, the shiny chrome-colored pieces as mentioned can blind the mess outta you at the right angle. But it IS rare.

Enjoy your purchase.

· 2013 Accord LX Sedan
17 Posts
If you are concerned about glare, you may be bothered by glare off the chrome trim around the shifter and cupholders. Not all the time, but with the right sun angle it can be somewhat blinding, not to mention annoying. There was some discussion in this thread:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103017&highlight=glare+trim

I have the Alabaster Silver paint and haven't had a problem with glare from the outside, but then the only part of the hood you can see is the rear edge of the metal.

· Registered
178 Posts

I have the MSM with the black interior and so far have had no complaints with glare. Just got the windows tinted as well.

· Registered
5,434 Posts
Just make sure you don't apply something to your dash that will make it shiny. i.e. some Armor All products.
+1

Also, when cleaning the hazy film off the interior (its OK to clean with a glass cleaner of choice first if heavy sfilm is present) use a microfiber very lightly damp with water, almost dry, to clean the inner windshield.

After washing, wipe all exterior glass with a dry microfiber towel.

Glare comes from dirty windshields especially the interior which many people rarely clean.

I have a great angled MF pad on an angled handle here to reach the recesses of the glass near the windshield base. I use just a few drops of water on this which cleans and dries simultaneously.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.