Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick & Dirty:
  • Drivers window was smashed in a break-in
  • The a**holes crawled thru the window Dukes of Hazard style to bypass alarm trigger (door/hood/trunk)
  • Car had nothing (read they took NOTHING) of value just some chapstick, a tire gauge, Altoids, drive-thru receipts, general BS you'd expect to find in a console
  • Went through every compartment except the lock box they just couldn't crack, but they gave it their all the weak bastards
They broke off the latch that opens the glove box in a failed attempt to force it open and now I need to know how to open it...I'm sure it's probably one lever with a flat-head screwdriver I'd just much rather check here first to avoid a glove box hanging indefinitely in my passengers lap =)

thanks for the help gang!
(ps-not related to my recent hard wire RD install-
this break-in happened a few months back)

Attachments

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Maybe they had bad breath and needed your Altoids? Sorry they randomly picked your car. Rule of thumb, never lock the glove box because they do more damage breaking it. Easier to just let them open it and find nothing of value inside.

Check with your insurance company to see if you have glass coverage. Some insurance companies either have no deductible for glass only damage or a lower deductible. The glove box lock you can replace on your own. Unlock your glove box and look at your own photo, you can see the pull wire in the lower corner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wire

Which way do I pull the release wire?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts