Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here and I did a brief search on the forums but did not find anything on this topic. I opened my glove box yesterday and afterwards, it would not close.
Upon inspection, I found that the latch on the left side was not returning to the fully extended position. I tried WD-40 on it thinking it was just stuck, but that did not help. Maybe there is a spring that is broken or out of place that would normally push the latch back out.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
1.5T Touring - Gen10
130 Posts
This has happened to me when I had something pretty heavy in there. Check the latch in the right side. If it is loose, hold the latch as you start to close the glove box and you will fell a notch. Once the latch moves into the notch, press down hard on the latch and it will 'POP' into place.
This is what was keeping mine from closing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d say just bring it in for service. If it’s 10th gen, should be covered under warranty
Thanks for the suggestion. I did take it in. The service guy was surprised and said he had not seen this before. Looks like it will be covered. (y)

This has happened to me when I had something pretty heavy in there. Check the latch in the right side. If it is loose, hold the latch as you start to close the glove box and you will fell a notch. Once the latch moves into the notch, press down hard on the latch and it will 'POP' into place.
This is what was keeping mine from closing. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the ideas. But in this case, nothing heavy was in there. I could not get the latches to move much. I took it in. Believe it will be covered.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Similar thing happened to me when they changed the cabin filter. I just repositioned the arm and snapped it back in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts