Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Drive An Automatic ;D
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was gonna paint my mudguards soon but since Basque Red Pearl isnt a loud color should i paint it the same body color OR should I paint it black to match my 5% tint?

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts

·
I Drive An Automatic ;D
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the mud guards come in a shitty black. turns grey over time and weather. I live in indiana so weather hits harsh and my mud guards arents really the black i want. If i did make trhem black it'd be the same black as the body paint on the accords.

BUT im deciding if i want a nice shiny black or a body color match

·
Registered
898 Posts
well the mud guards come in a shitty black. turns grey over time and weather. I live in indiana so weather hits harsh and my mud guards arents really the black i want. If i did make trhem black it'd be the same black as the body paint on the accords.

BUT im deciding if i want a nice shiny black or a body color match
Are you going to paint over the texture or sand it down?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I did it to my sedan, dont paint the whole thing just tape up the inside part.
This will make it look oem

·
I Drive An Automatic ;D
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you going to paint over the texture or sand it down?
im gonna sand it down and paint it. someone did a video tutorial on youtube with his accord coupe. it looked nice. and i'm just gonna paint the outside. why paint the part thats gonna get dirty?

i'm gonna use the extra paint to color my engine cover, sway bar, and my calipers.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Make sure to use a high build primer, you will be there a while trying to even out the texture, its a pain =(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts