Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add an air intake system to my car. I like the subtle sound it adds and a bit increased throttle response. Any ideas? Pros and cons? Thanks

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to stay with a short ram since I have seen a lot that utilize the factory air route and heat shields. Just wondering if anyone had one with good experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also looking for intake but want one for better MPGs

I have 8th generation I4 and want that better MPGs aswell as that nice sound. Would a tuned CAI and Exhaust do that? Or will I just get a better sound and better throttle response? TIA for the info..

·
Registered
941 Posts
K&N and Injen both make pretty well reviewed products. I don't have an aftermarket intake, so I can't speak from experience. It is something I'm interested in potentially doing, so I have done some research on it.

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
If your looking at MPG gain go with K&N 69-1213TS is estimated to gain 5.19 HP and since its K&N I know for a fact your MPG will improve. A few of the reviews mention MPG increases to.
But if your going with slightly more HP gain and more rasp go with Takeda TR-1019P adds estimated 9 HP.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Before you decide SRI or CIA think about your location. does your area flood at all? those CIA's are mounted pretty frikin low! Also are you looking for Low end power or high end?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Don't forget about the Takeda SRI, and Greddy makes one also if I'm not mistaken.
Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about Takeda. That's the one I think I was looking at the hardest.
Yeah I have the Takeda and I love it! If I floor it anyone in my car is like holy s*** what was that lol. Good thing about the SRI is it is quiet until you don't want it to be..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Before you decide SRI or CIA think about your location. does your area flood at all? those CIA's are mounted pretty frikin low! Also are you looking for Low end power or high end?
For someone like myself, primarily interested in mpgs, which would you suggest?
My personal opinion is that regardless of whichever you choose, your MPG gain is going to be minimal. If you drive your car exactly the same way, on the same streets, and in the same climate...you might see a few MPG increase, but there is no way you're going to get anything too noticeable and you will definitely not recoup the cost through the MPG increase for a very long time if ever.. but that is just my opinion..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts