Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in the Accord yesterday. Was very unhappy with the car. Will see if there are any improvement during MMC to see if I will come back to the Accord again.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
There seems to be an epidemic of this of late.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just may problems. Engine and transmission gasket seeping oil, jerky acceleration, jolt at 10mph when braking, engine revving up and down when I floor the car, suspension being too harsh, paint chipping off by headlight, sharp edges on door chrome trim around window, loose trunk liner that pops every time I open the trunk, etc.

The edge of the door is covered by fabric, and it worn out 1 week after I bought the car. The seat is extremely uncomfortable that it has no support at all.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Cvt complaints. Imagine that...

Maybe honda should have developed a 1.6 turbo with a traditional 6 speed auto and optional manual. It would have gotten the same fuel economy and horsepower. Maybe even *GASP* low end torque!!!

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
So how much did you get for the trade and what was your replacement?

·
JaeDM
567 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$17,600 at 13800 miles. Get a Fit for my wife and I am back to my turtle Civic.

Before I bought the Accord I was complaining how the 2013 Accord made me feel stupid for buying a Civic. Now I get a lesson.

Seriously the seat of the Fit is more comfortable than the Accord LX, with plenty of lumbar support, and very comfortable head rest.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what's the difference?
In the Civic you can control everything right at the steering wheel. You also gets whatever warning in understandable sentence (ie. Low fuel, Check Tire Pressure, Fasten Seat Belt) on the i-MID in addition to only icons displayed on the dash.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just may problems. Engine and transmission gasket seeping oil, jerky acceleration, jolt at 10mph when braking, engine revving up and down when I floor the car, suspension being too harsh, paint chipping off by headlight, sharp edges on door chrome trim around window, loose trunk liner that pops every time I open the trunk, etc.

The edge of the door is covered by fabric, and it worn out 1 week after I bought the car. The seat is extremely uncomfortable that it has no support at all.

Sorry to hear about all of the issues.

Curious, where exactly was the engine and transmission leaking?

Was the jerky acceleration due to the CVT?

Suspension was the same when you bought it, right?

The door fabric thing seems wild, like it should never happen, or maybe in 10 years.

Good luck on your current ride!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The fabric on the door of my loaner LX looked/felt cheap and I wondered if it'd hold up. Prob why they changed it for 2014. Fortunately my EX-L arrived before I was able to stress about it too much :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
$17,600 at 13800 miles. Get a Fit for my wife and I am back to my turtle Civic.

Before I bought the Accord I was complaining how the 2013 Accord made me feel stupid for buying a Civic. Now I get a lesson.

Seriously the seat of the Fit is more comfortable than the Accord LX, with plenty of lumber support, and very comfortable head rest.
The Fit get's you that excited?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well...not to mention that it has a far inferior i-MID system than the Civic does.
Coming directly from the 2012 Si, this i-Mid is a vast improvement. I know in '13 that many things were upgraded on the i-Mids, but I can tell you the only differences that I noticed were for the better... Except maybe the fuel economy layout.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Coming directly from the 2012 Si, this i-Mid is a vast improvement. I know in '13 that many things were upgraded on the i-Mids, but I can tell you the only differences that I noticed were for the better... Except maybe the fuel economy layout.
So you think th Accord's i-MID is better?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
308 Posts

Did you try to get any of this stuff fixed under warranty? Seems like much of it could be fixed (others like the jerky accel may just be the CVT)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts