Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Honda Accord exl v6 - what is a good cold air intake that will fit without me having to modify it. This is my first time doing any of this so I want to make sure I do this right with as little issues as possible. Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another vote for the Injen CAI and the hydro shield.
While I like throtl website since they came through when I got my Progress rear sway bar. I must recommend ordering from autohance website, which just checked and it's $246 that difference will pay for the hydro shield. That's where I got mine and got it very quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Most aftermarket intakes screw up the MAF signal and trick the car into running rich. That doesn't make more power nor make it faster. The Injen intake actually engineered the section that contains the MAF so that it properly meters and reads the airflow so the computer gets the proper signals. Take a look at an Injen intake, it doesn't just jam the MAF into a random section of oversized tubing.

·
cvt - NOT
1,358 Posts
Most aftermarket intakes screw up the MAF signal and trick the car into running rich. That doesn't make more power nor make it faster. The Injen intake actually engineered the section that contains the MAF so that it properly meters and reads the airflow so the computer gets the proper signals. Take a look at an Injen intake, it doesn't just jam the MAF into a random section of oversized tubing.
I'll likely get the Injen when the weather warms up. Did you need to remove the bumper to install the CAI, or where you able to install in through the wheel well?

Also, how often are you needing to clean the air filter -- even with the protective sleeve?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I'll likely get the Injen when the weather warms up. Did you need to remove the bumper to install the CAI, or where you able to install in through the wheel well?

Also, how often are you needing to clean the air filter -- even with the protective sleeve?
I pulled the bumper, seemed the easiest route and made it really easy to pull that honkin' big stock system out. I clean the filter once a year, but then I don't drive that much any more. My '15 just ticked over 47k recently. To clean the filter I take a bit of the belly pan in that corner loose, take out the fog light, disconnect the filter and pull it out the bottom. Pulling the fog light out makes it super easy to get at the clamp that holds the filter on. The belly pan section is held in place by those plastic push clips. Pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord Touring Sedan
31 Posts
I wasnt aware of this MAF signal problem. I have K&N Cold Typhoon Air Intake 69-1212TS. Possible dumb question so be easy on me i owned it upfront.:) Is there a setting on KTuner that fixes that problem? I had it tuned and dyno'd professionally.
Also will there be signs of this running too rich?

( Reason I have possible dumb questions )
"No I mean i really don't know. I dont know what you just said about a turn here and a wedge there. I dont know.
They told me to get in the car and drive. And i could drive.
The point is, I'd like to help out but I can't. I'm an idiot. I don't know the vocabulary."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts