Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good spot / tool to mount your phone in the car , that wouldn't leave By markings, keep in mind in California (where I am) it is illegal to mount anything to the windshield. Thanks in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Sounds like you could use one of these.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I don't own one myself, but with over 4600 reviews, I'm sure your answer can be found in some of those.

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
BTW, they tested mounts in the latest (Feb.) issue of Consumer Reports and this one got the highest rating of any of them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've bought and tried tons of dash mounts until i got one of these, in my opinion BLOWS everything else out of the water, so quick, so easy. Mine is to the right of the IMid area, never gotten loose, doesn't obscure any view. Super quick!

JUST BUY IT. You won't regret it!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
The adhesive suction cup ones are removable, but the concern is UV will discolor the plastic around where you mount it and you'll have a dark spot where the mount was. Also, I've yet to encounter a sticky mount that doesn't unstick during the summer in AZ when the car gets to 150F inside.

My recommendation is always velcro. I use it everywhere in my car and it's bullet proof.

·
Registered
924 Posts
i hate all those options listed so far imo.

2 words. kenu airframe. i hate paying a lot of money for things like this but its so small and works so perfectly that i got over it. even got the wife one cause she likes mine so much.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

i can post a pic of the phone mounted later.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
i hate all those options listed so far imo.

2 words. kenu airframe. i hate paying a lot of money for things like this but its so small and works so perfectly that i got over it. even got the wife one cause she likes mine so much.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

i can post a pic of the phone mounted later.
Damn now I want one of those but damn that thing is expensive for what it is.

Have you had any issues with the vents being pushed down because of the cellphone weight? Do the clips behind the mount lose their firmness ?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts

Have you had any issues with the vents being pushed down because of the cellphone weight? Do the clips behind the mount lose their firmness ?
Another question: in addition to blocking off the air vent, aren't you worried about damaging your phone/battery by blowing AC or heat right on it? (only a problem with the center vents, not the side ones which you can close)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions so far!...so far, the two that have really caught my attention so far, is the imagnet, and the kenu airframe. I'm going to do a bit more research into both. If anyone knows of additional products as well, send them along as well. Thanks guys!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
924 Posts

yeah the price turned me off at first but i couldnt find anything else like it so i bit the bullet, and trust me, im a cheap ass but i feel like because it works so well i justified the price.

vents a very firm and stay in place for me when i angle them with the phone but they move easily with the weight of the phone on the holder, ymmv tho. the clips are very strong on the back, you can see them shown in the video in their website and they are covered in a nice soft rubber that doesnt damage anything.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Another question: in addition to blocking off the air vent, aren't you worried about damaging your phone/battery by blowing AC or heat right on it? (only a problem with the center vents, not the side ones which you can close)
i dont worry about this because i dont use the vents all that much. my climate control is on auto and doesnt blow out of the middle vents hardly ever. other people may have issues with this if they use their middle vents a lot so ymmv and it is probably the one drawback to this clip. but that being said, if youre inclined, you can mount the clip to the very top vent cross-piece and clip your phone to it near the bottom which would minimize the surface area subjected to the vent.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i dont worry about this because i dont use the vents all that much. my climate control is on auto and doesnt blow out of the middle vents hardly ever. other people may have issues with this if they use their middle vents a lot so ymmv and it is probably the one drawback to this clip. but that being said, if youre inclined, you can mount the clip to the very top vent cross-piece and clip your phone to it near the bottom which would minimize the surface area subjected to the vent.
I was going to get it but I dont want to give up my vents. Ill probably get one of those magnetic ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's a good spot / tool to mount your phone in the car , that wouldn't leave By markings, keep in mind in California (where I am) it is illegal to mount anything to the windshield. Thanks in advance!
No offense dude, but there's a reason why that California law exists (I too live in Cali), it's people who claim to not be messing with their "mounted" phone that run into people like me who keep their phone in their pocket when driving.

Besides, isn't that what the Hands Free Link is for? AND the reason why the car has to be stopped when messing with your screen to call someone?

Just sayin...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts