Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 accord 1.5T sport. Absolutely love the car ,however apon quick acceleration the car starts dragging ass. The weight transfer to the rear seems extreme. Can anyone tell me of good shocks and or springs for the rear? As far as I can tell I dont have any wheel spin but i am still trying to keep as much of the weight on the front as I can. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me thinks you over state the acceleration of the 1.5.
Signed a 1.5 owner

serious answer, get a set of coil overs if youare serious

·
8th Gen Believer
4,414 Posts
It may not be worth the time and expense. You're referring, I think, to G force but we can't measure it that way. There isn't enough acceleration and torque potential in a 1.5 engine, i.e. momentum, to move anything rearward except junk in the trunk. To calculate this, you'd first need to locate the car's center of gravity. That by itself isn't going to be easy. You'd have to have some physics and math skills to compare the velocity of momentum with the weight of the car at its center of gravity to calculate the % of weight moved to point X, a measured distance from the CG. That's beyond me.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Your 1.5t Sport accelerates with so much force that this creates a problem with your rear suspension? That's a first.

You could certainly spend money beefing up your rear suspension if you really wanted to... but perhaps it would be a better idea to just ease up on the gas a bit when starting out. Are you flooring it each time... or often enough to have this been an issue?

Honestly... I have the 2.0t... which creates way more power than the 1.5t... and it's never been an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts